Wednesday, January 10, 2007





Today... (top) Last night after finishing... (bottom)

18 Hours and 45 Minutes over 4 days


I am finally done. I am FREE!!! I am FREE! I am so excited and exhilarated. When Tammika finished my hair, she said, “Welcome to the family!”. I’ll never forget the experience.

Now I had hoped to give you daily updates, but that just could not happen. When I’d get home after 5 hours of sitting, I would be exhausted. However, I relished with the completion each day, because I knew in the long run it would be worth it.

I got my starter kit and will mail off my form for the Sisterlock® birthday certificate. Tammika gave me a little quiz and we set our initial tightening for January 26th. Due to my dry scalp, I have to use a shampoo for my scalp and then use the starter shampoo for my hair, oh boy. However, I am going to try out some of the remedies mentioned on Lock-It-Up, because I am already itching. I knew I should have used my IC Tea Shampoo because that Johnson’s baby stuff ain’t strong enough. Oh and Tammika took pictures for her album and of course I forgot my camera, so I had to take my own. FYI - I am not scalpy...

Tomorrow I will continue to enjoy my vacation and take in Dreamgirls and let the world see my new hair, the new me. Oh yeah, I LOVE MY HAIR!

7 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger BlaqKofi said...

Welcome home to Sisterlocks Cashana! I can feel your excitement from your post. That's what SL's are all about - hair freedom and natural joy! I'll continue to watch your progress. Thanks for visiting my blog and the kind comments. I'm here either by email or blog with any questions you make have.

Blessins, Blaq

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

Thank you Blaq! I am too excited and feel so free. Thanks for stopping through. (My first comment from one of my sisterlocked idols!)

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Welcome and Congratulations on your Sisterlocks! You have so much to look forward to. One thing to remember is to have patience! Keep us posted on your progress!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Cashana said...

Thank you sistalocd, I will definitely keep you posted. Your blog is helpful to me because I have the dry and itchy scalp.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Maryee said...

Freedom is beautiful, ain't it??? Welcome to the family of Sisterlocks and the family of blogging!!

Blessings,

Maryee

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger CarmenNC said...

I had those itchies too for the first few days of getting SL. Interesting.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Your spirit is beautiful and your countenance exudes PEACE! That is so cool!

Sis. RJQueen10

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.