Sunday, January 21, 2007

529 more or less











It has been almost 2 weeks since my Sisterlocks® were installed and I am still having a love affair with my hair. So yeah, I love my hair. I just don’t love this itchy and dry scalp. I guess that will be my burden to bear.

On Thursday, January 11th, I went to the movies to see Dreamgirls, and it was fantastic. So I have a shot of me made up and dressed to have fun and let me SL’s make their debut. And it was wonderful. No negative comments. Even had a man compliment my eyes. What does that have to do with my hair? Well, since I stop wearing my kinky twists they seem to be brighter from the compliments I have received. (Picture in Grey sweater)

On MLK day I decided to wash my hair for the first time. Um, that was an unexpected chore. It literally took me from 10:30 am until 5:00 pm to finish my hair. There has gotta be a better way. I bundled my hair in 26 bundles. Due to my dry and flaky scalp I had to wash the individual bundles (well the scalp of the bundles) first w/Nizoral then rinse, rinse and rinse. That was 2 hours. Then wash my hair with the Sisterlocks® starter shampoo then rinse, rinse and rinse. Then I had to count my individual locks and the grand total is :::drumroll please::: 529 give or take some. I was watching TV and was just plain tired at that point. I have a picture of the final product after I separated and counted them. (Picture w/purple tank)
My first week of work was fine as well. Most of the remarks were complimentary. The first remark folks would ask would be, "When are you gonna get your braids?" or "I thought you were getting locks." Most folks had to get a second look, no touching though, and they seemed to like. Both jobs really liked my hair.

Now, the picture with me in the black is from last night after book club meeting. We discussed Knockin’ Boots by Tracy Price-Thompson and enjoyed chili and array of delicacies as we talked about the book and our upcoming literary event.

I really do love my hair and will have some one take some pictures of my hair so you can see up close how they are flourishing. I have my first retightening on January 26th, which means I must wash my hair Thursday. I just hope it doesn’t take all night because I gotta go to work!

6 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Abena Abena said...

Oh my goodness, that is a lot of locks. It looks like your journey is starting off nicely. I will enjoy sharing in your journey.

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Cashana said...

Thank you Chosen Vessel for stopping through. I have been reading your blog for the longest. I look forward to sharing this journey as I have shared in yours.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Valenciajaz said...

Hi Cashana. Welcome to the Sisterlocks family. Thanks 4 stoppin by my blog and give me a shout out. You look like a different person in each of your pictures. I can tell you're luvin this lock thing. Hey you have done sumin I haven't done yet with my SLs. You counted them. I know that was a time consumin process. I wanted to give u a little advice on that braidin & bandin thing. Have you ever considered makin your sections larger so you don't have so many to put in and take out. Also, I havent tried it yet but I will this Friday, have you considered usin the things little girls use on there hair for bandin? They're covered with that terry cloth material. Another sista suggested these becuz they're easier to locate than the rubber bands and they don't pull your hair out. Sorry for the looong comment.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

Valenciajaz,

Thanks for stopping through. Believe me I didn't want to count the locks, but my consultant gave me the assignment as "homework" to give her the answer when I return for my retightening. That was an extra hour of work. LOL! I have the terry cloth bands and will use them next time and make my parts bigger where I can cause I cannot spend hours upon hours just washing my hair. As you can see I don't mind the long comments...LOL!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger CarmenNC said...

500 locks, WOW. I'm trying to read the post in order, but I might have to skip to the newest one and take a peek.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Sis. RJQueen10 said...

I am like Carmen. I am going to skip ahead to your newest post. I will be right back though. So far, I am lovin' your consultant. She appears to really want to help you understand your hair.

I will be right back...

Sis. RJQueen10

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.