Thursday, February 05, 2009

Randomosity...

Sometimes I feel really random where I have a bunch of streams of consciousness thoughts going through my brain. So here is how my brain functions...

  • President Obama has only been in office two weeks why are we voting on how well he is doing? Um, it took 8 years to mess this country up and it will surely take more than 2 weeks to even begin to make a dent in this economic mess.
  • Seriously, who cares if Michael Phelps used a bong. I don't. He is young and he is subject to make some stupid mistakes. I ain't condoning, but I think there are bigger things to be worried about right now.
  • Is 50 Cent still relevant? BTW, have you heard the new Eminem track? I know, I shouldn't but I can't help myself when a song has a good hook.
  • Why is it a big deal that Jennifer Hudson lip synch for the Superbowl? Everyone does it. It is her voice. She recorded it and she sounded damn good too!
  • Can I say this, the song Single Ladies is a catchy tune, but have you really listened to the lyrics? Seriously he liked it, not loved it so he is not going to wife you.
  • So Jessica Simpson wore Mom waist pants? She may or may not have gained weight, but seriously who cares. I liked her on the show Newly weds.
  • I cannot deal with another cold day. It is 29 degrees in Montgomery, Alabama. I don't like the winter and ain't crazy about the summer. I like the mild weather of the fall and spring.
  • How do you know if you have food poisioning or stomach virus? My stomach has been hurting since Friday and I have bouts of nausea. UGH!
  • I don't get face.book. I have a page and all these folks want to be my friend, but if I don't know you I ain't your friend. I have a bunch of authors as friends. However, I don't have any friends from high school or college.
  • If your credit is bad should you bring your boyfriend's credit score down too?
  • We have a ghost or magician on my second job. Money mysteriously disappears and magically reappears two days later. Yep, somebody is stealing.
  • Why would someone schedule a store meeting on Valentine's Day?
  • The worse Valentine's Day was when a boyfriend of 2 years comes to my house with carnations and takes my cousin out to play basketball. I left them damn flowers on the foyer table until they died and I also killed the relationship then too. I just wasn't into him anymore. And me being quite shallow at the time, was angry he thought he could give me carnations when I had always gotten roses. Sue me, I didn't like carnations back then. Truth be told, don't like them now either.
  • The best Valentine's Day was when a boyfriend of 3 months came over and to watch movies and kept pulling things out of his jacket pockets. I got so many little tokens. I don't even remember all the things but it was the element of surprise that he thought about how to make the evening special. What was even cuter was the fact one gift was a bottle of champagne, since he was 3 years younger than me and wasn't yet 21 it was cute. Oh, he didn't drink either.
  • I worry too much about things I have no control over. Probably why my stomach hurts.
  • I really don't want to do another cruise, but I have to do the obligatory 10 year anniversary book club cruise (we will have been together 10 years in April) and another family cruise. I am trying to combine the two, with these economic times and my less than stellar patience I think it will be a better fit. So neither group can get on my nerves. My sister told me to shut up, stop whinning and pay my money and get my azz on the boat! Still doesn't make me want to go.
  • I don't prepare my taxes until the week before they are due. I usually have to pay.
  • I really want a yorkie, but due to my never being home, busy schedule and the cost of one of those suckers it will not happen soon.
  • I still hate to wash my hair. It only takes an hour but unbanding and separating is an extra 30 minutes I could do without.
  • Guys now like to text you. I don't like that. So impersonal and my azz will only text back a maximum of twice before I will no longer respond. My cousins hate that about me. I don't have a qwerty thingee and it would be easier just to talk on the phone, which I don't like to do either.
  • Please tell me everyone has their tv's ready for digital.
  • Why do I feel the need to read Pleasure by Eric Jerome Dickey again?

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

girl you are so funny I can agree with most of the statements you mentioned in ealy part of the post.

Eminem has a new song out? Where have I been, now I have to you tube it?

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Naturally Sophia said...

I love this post! I never realized how funny you are. Will you be my friend on Facebook? Ha!
~Agreed on Obama. Did they not see the excellent press conference?
~I think the dude that took a picture of Michael Phelps sould go to jail, he is hater.
~I have not heard the Emminem song. But 50 is relevant as a business man.
~The cold was getting on my nerves it was 18 degrees 2 weeks ago.
~ I am over co-workers that steal, Jessica Simpson, bad credit and Valentine's Day
~I always owe on taxes
~ I want to travel this year but will probably only be able to take one trip, no cruise. I plan to visit more American parks in the future( Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Cumberland Island)
~I love Yorkies too but I don't think my Rottweiller would, LOL

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Cashana said...

Brown Buttahfly... Yeah, they are playing the crap of it here. I am thisclose to being sick of it...LOL!

Naturally Sophia...I can count on one hand the number of press conferences I listened to of GWB. You are definitely right about 50's business man props. If I was home more than working I would have a Yorkie today. I had to laugh about the Rottweiller, um, I don't think he'd like that.

I do these ramblings all the time for my book club newsletter when I hit a writer's block or have nothing I want to write about. It is a lazy technique and what usually happens is the statements are just plain funny b/c folks have thought the same thing, but not vocalized them. Thanks ladies!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Cashana said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger Carmennc said...

Lawd, I have a huge secret and I think I'll even blog about it. I have no cable and just sent off for a coupon to get the converter box. I have to have PBS, lol.

Will you be my Facebook friend???

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Cashana said...

Carmen - NOOO! I am so sick of the commercials and our local news talking about it every day. Of course with the delay, that means a few more months of it. Believe it or not I know some folks without cable. Since I can't sleep w/o the tv on and my daily doses of Law & Order, I will probably always work 2 jobs so I can have cable. LOL!

Sure, I'll be your facebook friend. I on there under my government name of Cashana. Just know I hardly ever post my status. I haven't posted any new pic since the profile one. The ones on my page were tagged to me from my sister. I just don't get it. I am too nosy so I read everyone else's status. I do put the books I have read on there. LOL!

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Carmennc said...

Facebook has proven to be my favorite past time now. There's three games that I play each night at work. Then I chat with my close friends to figure out who I just added from our high school days. Some people have really changed or I just don't know them at all.

I did love HGTV. It made me believe that I could lay a brick walkway in my back yard. Then they also made me believe and actually try to put lava rock down too. Oh, yes, a little flower garden. Oh, then there was the pots with flowers that didn't work either. Now, I don't even go back there because it's a mess. I then realized that these people had professional help and money.

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this post!!! I agree that our country has such high expectations for Obama only being in office for a couple months..I am so out of the loop with the tabloids and music, except for the Chris Brown Rianna thing...

I hope both your family and book club can go on the cruise at the same time...you may be spreading yourself thin between the two but I know going on two cruises can't be cheap...

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

Meikmeika - I have an anonymous blog and I talk about the C and R thing and I have had more hits on that thing then a little bit and I don't use their names.

Probably will not be doing one cruise, because the family is doing Carni.val and me and C fell out a few years ago and I really don't want to cruise no matter the line, but shorter cruises are much cheaper and that is what I am looking at right now for the book club. The person doing the family cruise is not moving fast enough and some of the family doesn't want to do a cruise, they want to go to an island and do all inclusive. Decisions, Decisions!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.