Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Well my consultant called me today with some bad news. Let me preface this with I interviewed my consultant and we discussed the details and such twice before I started my journey. Anyway, she does Sisterlocks out of her home and she just moved to her neighborhood last month. Long story short one of her neighbors called in a complaint to the police stating she was running a business out of her home. She said she was livid that it happened. Now she is out of sorts trying to decide what to do, because she doesn't want to do anything illegal.

She lives in an area of town where they are very particular about things from the way your yard is groomed to I guess you giving black folks a since of culture. Anyway, it will affect me getting my retightening done on Friday, which is not good with all this new growth. Then it will possibly affect my retightenings after the next one. She is trying to decide what she is going to do and hopefully try to either get her own space or store front. Worse case scenario - I'll have to find a new consultant, which means traveling. I just don't have that kind of time. Jeez!

I guess I am upset because I started this journey after a year of deciding what to do with my hair and 6 months of research and 3 months of waiting. I just don't want my hair to suffer because some folks are being nosy and she is the only one of color person in her subdivision.

She will call me tomorrow and reschedule my retightening next week (which is not convenient for me b/c my aunt, who I take of, is having surgery. Hopefully everything will work out and I'll keep you informed. All I can do is pray for the best.

6 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Ms Stella said...

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. I know your consultant isn't going to just let all of the time and $ she investing in Sisterlocks just go without trying out some other options. She must do this part-time. Can't she rent a space in a natural hair salon or travel to her client's homes?

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

Ms. Stella,

She is hoping to find a reasonable place to do them and one close to her home. Renting a booth space is not an option for her b/c she doesn't want folks mimicking the technique. She is planning to come to my house to do my retightening in Feb. However, she doesn't want to do that long-term. When she moved to her new house, she loved the layout b/c it gave her the room she needed to to her SL and was one of the winning reasons for the house. So she doesn't want to stop doing them, but traveling to do retightening and finding a reasonable spot is going to be difficult. I just keep praying.

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said...

I feel you..because of time constraints-and inconvenience, I lost my SL deposit and started my own braid locks. The difference is, I"m on my own schedule-and of course the loc pattern...but I'm so squeezed for time the dependency on a loctician(which is few and far bt in Ohio as well)was too confining for me. I wish you well on your journey,they're beautiful

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Cashana said...

Thank you Cheleskilove! I love how your locs are turning out. The reason I wanted SL for the ability to do the maintainence on my own. My consultant and I were on the same page, still are, about me doing my own retightening by August and only seeing her for emergencies or grooming. Hopefully, by summer I'll be able to do it myself and not depend on no one but me. Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger CarmenNC said...

I'm on the edge of my seat wondering how this set-back turns out. Hateration I say.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Sis. RJQueen10 said...

I am back! Reading you from beginning to end! Wow! That sounds "political", and I am NOT "political". I still like your consultant alot for you. She seems perfect for ya!

I am glad you are including all you have included in your posts. They are so informative, and realistic. Thank you!

Sis. RJQueen10

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.