Wednesday, October 15, 2008




Where has the time gone?

October is half over and the holidays are fastly approaching. I have been busy it would seem. In fact, my book club's October meeting is this Saturday, it only seems like yesterday when we met with author, Angela Benson. By the way, the meeting was quite interesting. Kinda noisy since all but one of my members attended. Try reigning in 13 women. It ain't easy. Angela also sports a nice long set of Sisterlocks, as well.

I retightened the front of my hair and lets see for the left side it took 6 hours and the right side took about 5 1/2 hours. Yep, took a minute but it was the first time I did the entire front of my head. I am hoping (Please Carmen tell me I'll get faster.) I'll get faster as I do it more. No marrying of locks and when I felt it I was able to back out. I tried to not work on my head tired. I am also a night person so spending the 6 hours on my head Sunday night early Monday morning worked for me. Go me! When I finished I had to moisturize my hair because it felt just plain ole dry. Yuck! I'll start tackling some of the back, which I have done around the edges next week before I go to my retightening. It shouldn't take more than the usual time because she want have much to retightening, but she will have to combine some more locks in the front. Too thin for me. I retightened them, but they will eventually break because they are so thin.

Well, life for me is going well, no worries mon! Here are a couple of pictures for you to see what going on with my hair. Not much though. I'll hopefully be back with a more substantial post later this month to include some recent reads.


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger CarmenNC said...

First off, are you taking any super, magical hair growth pills or applying some inch a week do-gro-hur scalp treatment? I swear if I come back in two months and your hair is as long as Angela's I'm going to fall out.

I see the shout out to me. I know it's frustrating to spend half a day trying to retighten without combining locks. I cringe when I do my own. I sincerely have to take my time. I don't marry entire locks, but sometimes I will catch a few hairs from another. That's even worse to try to pull the lock back out of three/four strands. I have to guide the tool with the index finger of my free hand which slows me down. Practice, practice, and patience!

Sometimes it's hard being beautiful. LOL

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Goodnapps said...

Your hair is coming along quite nicely. Quite a bit going on with it to me. I keep threatening to read more. One of these days.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

Carmen - no pills or miracle grow. It is just growing. But don't be fooled, I have some short locks in the front that have broken off due to my previous damage. I just ready for it to lock.

Goodnapps - thanks. Thanks for dropping by.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Naturally Sophia said...

You and your hair looks great and thanks for stopping by my blog.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said...

congrats on DIY!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Cashana said...

Thanks Cheleski!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.