Friday, June 22, 2012

The Heat is Winning and the heat is winning...Randoms


Sunflower with a small yellow jacket in the lower right corner of the center.

I wasn’t going to post anything else, because I am sure you are tired of me and all these posts this month, but I was like what the hell? Let’s Go!


Heat, Heat, Heat…they did that. I was so happy they won so Lebron could get his ring. I do not care what you may think about the way he left Cleveland, all he wanted to do was win a championship. You may like to play basketball, but no one plays just because they love the game, they play with hopes of winning and winning means the championship. Heat, Heat, Heat!

My cousin’s husband is serious about this gardening competition. I don’t understand why he can’t realize, I ain’t competing. You can judge for yourself. Compare his first harvest and my most recent one.
My cousin's husband's first harvest...

Even with my mishapen cucumbers, don't laugh, they still taste amazing, my Sunday 6/17/12 harvest is impressive.

I like not having to purchase tomatoes, cucumbers, cilantro and green onions from the grocery store.

It is hot ya’ll. No really hot. It almost hurts my heart to go outside just to get in my car. Running errands, no, because if you keep getting in and out of your car the heat is still going to affect you.

My folks are planning a pretty nice family reunion of sorts for the 4th of July. I don’t have to do any real cooking except the corn on the cob and as soon as I find the recipe for corn baked in the oven, it is on!
Portulaca flowers aka Moss Rose in pink with a bumble bee.  The leaves are succulents.

Guess what I did first thing this morning? Random drug test. After 8 years, I guess my number was bound to come up. It is a bit disconcerting to try to do your business when someone is sitting right outside the door. Did you know you can’t flush the toilet when you are finished? I asked before I did, but I am sure she was wondering about all that damn tissue!

Last week the 2nd job was hellified. However, I made a decision not to allow folks to steal my joy or make me act unprofessional. I killed them…with straight kindness.
My killing them with kindness look...

I have decided that grape tomatoes will make a great salsa. Yeah, it is going to be tedious to cut up all those suckers, but I am up for the challenge. Do you know how many quart bags of tomatoes I give away ever week? It is amazing. I see why my neighbors think I have a tomato tree.

Speaking of neighbors the one who never finish paying for my uncle’s Cadillac has moved. Lawd, who gonna move in there? I pray someone with sense.

Speaking of neighbors, my next door neighbors are young folks. Their yard is ridiculous. I can have mine cut twice before they cut theirs once. And the last time, they didn’t cut the area next to the property line. My side was cut but next to it wasn’t. Now it is so high, they aren’t going to be able to cut it without a riding lawn mower. They know it is their property, but they seem to be lazy. The corner lot requires work, so get to it. The young girl works the young guy is home all day except when he is visiting the neighbors up the street, you know the hang out bunch. I need their grass cut so no snakes will sneak up on me.

I have taken to doing the Turtle man yell around the house now. Yeah. Really.
Portulaca aka Moss Rose in Orange, you can really see the succulent leaves.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to have a stray cat moved humanely from your property? I haven’t seen the cat in a while, but there is evidence it is around due to the damn droppings and I ain’t having it. I don’t want to kill it, just use something to deter it from coming into my yard.

I have been trying to work up the nerve to go to a retirement party next week. I want to go, but I don’t want to go. I do not like partying with co-workers; you know I keep my boundaries. So I got the guy to possibly go, then I let the RSVP date passed. Oh well. I plan to wash my hair this weekend and the party would mean another hair washing. I still may go. I hate being so conflicted.

Since I finally updated the book club site, www.imanivoices.com, authors are contacting me about reviewing their books. Although it is nice folks want us to review their work, when the website clearly states the guidelines of no non-fiction or poetry book can be reviewed, why do you think it is okay to send a self-help book? Our book club has tried to read the self-help and non-fiction books, but they do not do well with our group, which means if someone sends a book in for a review it would fall into my lap to review. Seriously, I do not like self-help books, because what works for one person may not work for another. My thoughts.
Yeah, I wear my glasses a lot now, only because I need to order the new contact lenses.

I am so proud of my brother. He is still attending culinary school, but he went on a job interview on Monday and was offered a position at local restaurant. I am so happy for him. He is making strides. Wonderful.

I have quite a bit to do this weekend as I prepare for next week’s book club meeting at my house. The meeting stuff is done, but you know I have to clean extra hard. So you make sure to have a great weekend!

I was hoping to get a good hair photo.  This was from a Flexi-rod set that I kept in a bun for almost two weeks and this is the result. Cute, huh?  So vain~

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.