Monday, January 29, 2007





I got my first retightening done on Saturday, January 27. My consultant came to my home and for 2 hours and 42 minutes we talked and really got to know one another. We were laughing, joking and just having a ball. I mean, during the consultation and installation we talked a little bit but for some reason we just really felt connected now.

I wish someone had told me that the retightening hurts. I mean after my installation my head was a little sore, but after this retightening my head hurt. Reminded me of when I would get my micros and kinky twists. Guess what? My consultant is Retightening Certified. Yeah! She can teach me to retighten and I won't have to travel to Atlanta.

Only damper was she is still trying to figure out what she is going to do since the incident with the complaint about her running a business in her home. I know I still harbor some discontent with the neighbors. She said they basically were letting her know they don't want her in the neighborhood. She has only been there since the week of Thanksgiving. A good two months. Anyway, we did schedule our next appointment, although it may be cancelled. She may have to stop doing Sisterlocks, even though it is not what she wants to do. I told her I didn't want to get a new consultant and will continue to pray this works out. We click and I just feel I was SUPPOSE to go to her, I was lead to her. Anyway, it is in God's hand. And if anyone has any information or recommendations about any of the Certified or Trainees in Alabama let me know.

Oh, by the way it only took me 2.5 hours to wash my hair. My consultant was like what the heck was I doing to take so long the first time. Laughing all the while. That's okay though, I am gonna get better. I did try the terry cloth bands, but I must have gotten the cheap ones from Sally's because they left lent in my hair, so um, I will not be using those again. Although they were easier to use. (My consultant saw some of the lent in back of my head that I couldn't see and got them out). Back to the rubber bands.

Oh yea, I am still loving my hair. Yeah, I am looking a little weird in the above photos, but hey, I was tired and I really need to get someone to take my pictures.

6 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Aundrea said...

Hi Cashana, Great pics of your newly retightened locs! Looks as though you're coming along wonderfully. It's a great feeling to be able to connect with your consultant. I hope all goes well with her being able to remain a consultant for Sisterlocks. I'm afraid, although I live in Alabama too, I don't have a recommendation for any consultants in Alabama. My consultant is in Atlanta. If you do ever decide to try Atlanta, I'd be happy to pass on a few names/numbers.
Don't feel too bad about the washing time. You're right...it does get better with time. :-))

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

aundrea,

I was gonna hit you up with your recommendations or referrals. I am holding out for the best. I do hope with time it gets easier to wash this head of mine, cause right now I dread washing it. Thanks for stopping through.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Ms Stella said...

I've had 2 retightenings. The first one did not hurt at all. The second one hurt a little and my scalp felt a little tender for about 3 days. My consultant told me to massage my scalp regularly so that it would stay used to being manipulated now that I'm not combing, brushing, parting etc on a daily basis like before being locked.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

Ms. Stella, I'll have to keep the massage scalp idea and use it, because that retightening at 2 1/2 weeks was no joke what will it feel like after 4 weeks. BTW, my consultant is looking at options but because she homeschools her daughters full-time, being a consultant was always part-time. Since I am her only client that has to be babied for at least the next 6 months, the other clients will have to take her retightening class or find a new consultant. She isn't anxious to give up on being a consultant though. She isn't really keen on the idea of going into a shop, because there are no real natural shops in Montgomery. Her concern has to do with people mimicking the technic and saying they are doing SL. I'll just keep praying. Right now she has plans to do my retightening in my home. Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger CarmenNC said...

She can put up a two nice silk screens to section off the area. If you're just going every once and while, why can't you be going over for a visit? How do these neighbors know what is really going on? HMMM.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Wow, Carmen that is a good question! Anyway I still love your consultant for you.

It is important to have a connection with your consultant. Well, it IS important to ME. This whole process is new to me and I want to be coached, and to be trained on how to manage and understand my own hair. I want to be told things I would not even think to ask questions about. I want to be able to ask questions that may seem "stupid" but were given respect and answered by my consultant. If she could not answer them at the present I would like to be told she would find the answers for me or something progressive like that.

I want to know that my consultant would be there for me throughout the whole process, until I became independent and able to maintain and retighten my own hair. I want to know that once I become independent and I need help with my hair and I need grooming or whatever, I want to be able to know that she will be able to fit me into her schedule within a reasonable timeframe.

Last but not least, I want a relationship. I want to be a reciprocal source of positive energy, and spiritual maturity for her. If her day is cloudy or hazy I would like to add my SUNSHINE to it. I know, Know, KNOW I am not asking for too much.

I think I might copy to this to my post. I love the content of this comment.

Sis. RJQueen10

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.