Thursday, September 06, 2007

I'm Bored!!!

Don't get me wrong I love having Sisterlocks, but I am bored with my hair. Why, you may ask? My hair is acting up. Seriously, it is acting a plumb fool. I usually love how my hair looks after a fresh wash, but um, it looks like a big ole afro. It is big. And the ends, ohmygoodness, they are shedding like crazy. I mean I know I am suppose to keep my hands out of my hair, but I do like the texture and find myself playing in my hair constantly, however, those pesty ends keep coming off. Did I mention I have a lock that is longer then any other lock on my head? This is what happens when you don't get your hair cut before your installation.

I need to get me some headbands or something because I really can't do much with my hair right now. I know some of folks are like roll it, um, I am lazy. Maybe I should say busy, yeah that sounds better. And I pity my poor consultant and my pocket on my next retightening since we decided to try 5 weeks, cause my new growth in the back is ridiculous. I gotta wait two more weeks! So not only do I have big hair, I got new growth making my hair look even bigger.

Why do people keep asking me if I wash my hair? My hair ain't dirty, but I just keep wondering why folks think I would not wash my hair just like they wash theirs. The technique is different, but the outcome is the same -- clean hair and scalp. It is probably because of my big hair.

Do know I realize this is just a stage my hair is going through and right now it is being unruly, belligerent and non compliant almost like a teenager.

My 8th month anniversary will be here in a couple days along with another birthday. I have no plans for the day except rest all day. If I can. Maybe dinner out with some friends, but relatively quiet. Can't go too far with this big hair though...Just kidding! I love my hair and that is probably why I am typing this with one hand because my other hand is in my Sisterlocks!

I'll have pictures later...


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Veta said...

please do post pics when you have them. haven't checked your earlier posts for that, but have you tried the bantu knots?

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger blackrussian said...

I'm sure it's not that bad.

The funny thing is that I was just feeling similarly about my hair...not so much the big ol' 'fro part, just that I freestyle almost all the time and I'm ready to see something different when I look in the mirror, but apparently NOT tired enough because I've been too, um, busy...to roll mine too!

Looking forward to your pics.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Ms Stella said...

Hang in there, I'm going through a rough stage now also. I have the fuzzies. I don't like my free style looks so I've been wearing a braid-out. Why don't you try a braid out?

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we all go through an "I don't know what to do with my hair stage". I've been Sisterlocked for over a year and have yet to do anything with my hair besides put it in a headband or attempt a ponytail. I'm just lazy and I've never been one to style my hair.

Once your hair gets more length it will start to hang and the "afro" stage will be over in no time. Patience is key...

People ask me as well if I wash my hair and I just want to scream at them. I got tired of talking with my co-workers who wash their hair everyday, some how I got around to mentioning I don't wash mine but once a week and they almost had a fit.... I shouldn't have said anything, I'm always giving people the benefit of the doubt in being understanding and open to the routines of other people.

Sorry to ramble but I'm sure this feeling too shall pass...

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger CarmenNC said...

That whole first paragraph sums up my hair issues. I did get a little nervous when I would run my hands over a few locks and come out with a ball of hair. I have several locks that hang longer. I had my hair cut a few inches before getting my SLs and the tester lock that remained was redone and longer than the rest. My locks shrink a lot and condense into a bob like afro. All in all I never really saw these things as a problem, just the nature of locks.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

Veta - No Bantu Knots for me. I don't think my hair has enough length especially in the back.

Blackrussian - I know from the pics my hair doesn't look like a big afro, but it is untamed now and freestyling ain't cutting it. Just too scared and lazy to roll my hair.

Ms. Stella - I took your advice and did a braid out for those b'day pics, which helped to lengthen and not so much of the big hair I'm not liking right now.

Meimeika - I have to keep saying "This too shall pass." Which I hope is soon, but you are right patience is the key. I need to really blog about patience.

Carmen - You are so right this is part of the lock process, but when you look at yourself in the mirror and look petrified by big hair it can be unnerving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.