Monday, July 09, 2007

Today is my 6-Month Anniversary



My sisterlocks are officially 6 months today. I love them just as much as I did the day my consultant finished them on January 9th. I gave them a good wash on Saturday and realized that I have gotten the washing down to a science and I no longer dread the experience as much. I am not obsessing about flakiness or itchy scalp.


Now I am trying to wonder when the heck I am gonna start budding, but I know, I know patience. It is getting fuller and longer with just basic help from me. Still freestyling. Shoot me - I am lazy with my hair and until I can pull it up in a ponytail I ain't roding or using SS for those tight curls. I recently read Mel's blog and I cannot help but laugh at her facial expression when she says she didn't like the front of her hair after using the SS. Priceless. However, she was able to do a cute style and all was not lost.


My best friend called me on Saturday. She lives in Denver and lawdy she is a talker. One thing I can say is she is still a perceptive sista. She asked me 3 times how I was doing and I responded the same way each time, 'I am fine'. After talking for 2 hours, she knew my definition of fine wasn't her definition of fine. Let me just say right here I am not a religious person in the sense I got to church every Sunday, Bible Study on Wednesday or choir rehearsal kinda thing. I believe in God and I have a spiritual connection with him and you will find me praying and meditating with Him all the time. I consider that Spiritual. Lately, my constinence has not been strong and I know he realized it and he made sure my best friend called me. She got saved a couple of years ago and although she is the same person she is a different person and she also possesses that Spiritual quality about her. She counseled me in her way and I listened closely, because God was speaking to me. I needed to hear what she said because the devil has been riding me hard lately. Her talk lifted some of my pressure and gave me peace, which is all I have been wanting for a long while.


I said all that to say God talks to you, but you have to be quiet enough to hear him. I heard him this weekend. Now I have to be obedient and know my time of peace is coming upon me soon.



Sorry to sound all melancholy on this anniversary post, but I had to put out there to not let fear overwhelm your faith.


Now on to some more positive stuff. I have lost 15.5 pounds still trying to eat healthy. Got to do more exercising, but had to wait on my pulled rib muscle to heal before I got back on my ellipitical machine. Now I just walk the stairs at work.

This post has been sitting in draft since July 9th. My life just got busy during that week and could not get it posted.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Maryee said...

Happy 6 month anniversary!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Happy 6 Months ! Also congratulatiopns on your weight loss!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

Maryee and Sistalocd, Thank you. Never realized how much of a journey this truly is. The encouragement is wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.