Thursday, March 05, 2009

Randoms...Again

I am feeling some kinda way today. Not sure what’s up with that. Oh well. I’ll get over it.

I hate meetings. When I worked for a DV agency as a Victim’s Advocate, we met every week and sometimes twice. When were you supposed to be helping clients? Here, we don’t meet as often, but I’ll be damn if I don’t like them.

I am so not a morning person. My cousin stays over some Tuesday nights and Wednesday morning she wants to have full on conversations. I don’t officially wake up until 10 a.m. Seriously, my best sleep comes in the morning. She hasn’t figured out that half the time she is talking I am daydreaming about going back to sleep.

I will not be in anyone’s wedding. Nothing personal, but um, I have put out money on a bridesmaid dress before and I am still waiting on my $65 on a dress I don’t have because the wedding didn’t happen. She is talking wedding again. I hope she goes to the court house. Really, I do.

I had a former worker come to see me on Tuesday wanting his job back. I told him I’d think about it but my no from the previous 3 times seems to be standing. The owner told him to talk with me, coward. He and I discussed this child coming back to work and we both, yeah both of us decided it was a great big NO. Now, I believe in helping the children, but from the very first week he started there had been problems with him failing to show up when scheduled, not knowing when he was scheduled and such. However, my biggest thing was he wasn’t a good worker and he was lazy. I will tell the owner that it is easy to come back to us, but he needs to try somewhere else and get a feel of another environment. We ain’t helping him and he damn sure isn’t helping us. Plus, I don’t need another cook; I need a cashier from the one that was fired on Valentine’s day. Geez!

I’ve stopped watching the news except for the first 6 minutes. Yeah, the media has lost its mind. I did an Editor’s note about it on my book club’s website/newsletter. If it wasn’t for Law & Order, Food Network and HGTV, television would mean nothing to me.

HGTV has a new show about Renovations and it is funny as all out. Folks decide to do their own renovations and they have a budget and a time frame. I find it hilarious because they will plan a week to accomplish a project and of course they either don’t finish it or they go way over budget. The folks go to cussing at each other and crying. What is funny is they would have done really small projects in the past and want to do a project bigger than them and not have the skills to do so or even the proper tools.

I like the song “Blame it On…the Alcohol”. Funny, how I don’t drink much now. Still drink, but no where near intoxication. I have friends and acquaintances who are still drinking heavily at what point in your adult life do you realize having your faculties is more important than being falling down drunk? I kinda miss my drunk memories. Some of them are funny, fun and quite memorable. I like myself sober now.

Rush Limbaugh wants to debate President Obama. Um, for what? He is already the President he doesn’t have to prove anything to you or your political party. Seriously, drugs are bad for your health. (He must be smoking that good, good)!

Can Michael Jackson make a comeback? No really, can he? I mean he says this is the final curtain call. This is it he says! In London. I’ll not see him yet again.

Although I’ll not see Michael, I hope to one day see Prince perform. Then again, since he will not sing the stuff I love (Do Me Baby, Darling Nikki, Head, Sensuality…the provocative stuff) I may not. I have wanted to see him perform since I was 13 years old.

My sister and two other ladies have a blog talk radio show called 3 Chicks on Lit and they interviewed and talked with E. Lynn Harris. Um, good interview, but he told them they could pronounce Basil (a character from almost all his dayum novels) like the spice. I immediately emailed my sister and said dayum lie! He was clear as can be when he told the conference I attended in 2000 Basil was not pronounced like the spice. Well, halfway through the interview he pronounced it not like the spice. I had to laugh, because he was so clear about the pronunciation of the characters name and I have corrected folks ever since.

Hair pics and stories coming up soon…

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your randoms....

I'm mad the owner told the boy to speak with you after, you both concluded, he shouldn't be allowed to come back...hehe.. Guess he wanted to look like the nice guy..

I watch very little of the news myself it's so damn depressing.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

Meikmeika - yeah, he said the child caught him off guard and he didn't know what to say. Whatev.. The news is just bad and the media has lost its mind!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.