Saturday, June 23, 2012

June Challenge - Day 23

Day 23 – How, Why, When did you start blogging? (Your story)



I started blogging back in 2006 as I prepared for my Sisterlock journey. I wanted to keep a journal of the trials and tribulations of locking my hair and I wanted to be a resource just like others were for me regarding Sisterlocks. Initially, the blogs I followed constantly updated and kept the pictures coming so I and others had lock envy as we transitioned. As time went on, the original bloggers stopped blogging, because there is only so much you can say once your locks have matured. Frankly, your hair is boring. I miss those bloggers. Now there is a whole host of new Sisterlock bloggers carrying on the torch. I changed the direction of this blog, because hey it was time to move past just one topic especially since I was writing other stuff anyway.


I have enjoyed reading blogs every since I discovered them, so it was really only natural that I would start one because as much as I like to read, I love writing. Although I do the editor’s note for my book club, I have so much more I want to say. And then there was a little problem, this blog wasn’t anonymous so I couldn’t write EVERYTHING I want to say. Meaning, I can’t talk about bad co-workers, politics, race relations etc. So I started another blog where I could be in my feelings and write whatever I want to without repercussions. It is where I feel free to write about any and everything, with the names changed for anonymity. That particular blog has moments of controversy, but it also does some educating and again allows me to show all aspects of my personality happy, sad, mean, angry, sensual, indifferent and of course sarcasm.


That is my blogging story.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.