Monday, June 25, 2012

June Challenge - Day 25

Day 25 – Gym (favorite workouts, activities)



I am pretty darn lucky to have a job where we have a mini gym of sorts on the premises and on my floor. So at lunch I spend 30 or 40 minutes working out. This may include treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical machine or weights. I do a combination of cardio when I do weights so I try to do at least 15 to 20 minutes of cardio before I do reps of the weights at 2 or 3 different weight amounts. No heavy lifting. Although I was given the go ahead with working out 6 weeks after my eye surgery, I struggle with doing push-ups and planks because it feels like a brick is laying on the back of my eyeball with the pressure I feel, so I have had to nix those for the time being. But I also do plain old calisthenics, like jumping jacks. I do lunges and ab and core work. When I do the treadmill, I do interval training where I walk for so many minutes and jog for so many minutes at different rates per minute and yes, I do inclines.


At home before the murder at my community center, on Saturdays I would walk a 2.5 miles, which included jogging laps or intervals where I walk a section then jog a section. Now, I just walk about 1 mile around the block because I still do not feel safe walking at the community center. I also still use my Wii. If you don’t like actual working out may I suggest doing the Wii fitness, Zumba, Michael Jackson or other games which get your heart pumping and it really is fun.


Let’s be clear I do not love exercising, but in order to keep as much of the weight I lost back in 2009 and 2010 I must work out. I usually work out 4 to 5 times a week. The 6 weeks of no working out were torture for me because I worried about gaining the weight back and I did put on a few pounds because you can’t just keep and lose weight just on a diet and not exercise or vice-versa. Right now I am at a plateau, which is so evil. Really, no matter how little I eat or hard I exercise the scale says nothing, nada not even an F-you! But I try not to let it discourage me and I keep trying and looking at ways to increase my metabolism so I can reach my true weight loss goal. I currently have 36 more pounds to lose. Wish me luck!


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.