Tuesday, June 25, 2013

While Everyone Is Worried About Paula Deen...

The Supreme Court of the United States struck down an important aspect of the Voter's Rights Act and within two hours, Texas' Attorney General has suppressed minority voters.   So far this week, SCOTUS is really showing the party lines.

My heart has been heavy all day.  My sister says folks are talking about the decision and I said not as hard or as vocally as they did about Paula Deen and her Southern ways. Not saying she was right, but when I think about the shenanigans that are about to take place in the next election I can barely breathe.  Every trickery that was tried in the last election will actually become easier now and for me, ladies and gentlemen, this not only scares me, but I see how we are slowly but surely going back to the 60s. 

So keep worrying about things that don't matter or affect you...

And I will be back with happy posts later, but right now I need to marinate on my dwindling rights.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know...I was surprised that more people weren't concerned about the Scotus.

I was proud of Wendy Davis who stood talking for so long to try to protect some rights we have.

Jeez..this world.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Cashana said...

This world is more concerned about celebrities and their lives instead of thinking about their future. Plus, media knows how to push buttons. I was so upset with the ignorance someone spouted to me yesterday after the DOMA decision because it was an "abomination" but they didn't see anything wrong with the Voter's Rights Act. Again, worrying about things that don't concern you or affect you. Let me calm down. I think I am still mad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.