Friday, June 21, 2013

Graduation Part 2 - The Finale

Yes, I did work out.

On Thursday morning, I woke up with a scratchy throat and I was like, uh oh! Seemingly, my cousin’s hot flashes were in overdrive so she cut the air down, mind you it was on 73, which to me is comfortable. But I woke up to it being on 65, really? And as everyone in the room was sleeping soundly, I got up and got dressed and went and worked out. At 6:30, east coast time, I was on the Elliptical for 15 minutes and got on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Got it in and I was sweating not only from the exertion, but the damn room was hot as hell. I would have done weights too, but seriously the heat was about to take me out. But my throat was no longer scratchy.


When I got back to the room, folks were like you got up and worked out? Yeah. Then I took a shower and got back into bed. But ya’ll I needed coffee so damn bad it was ridiculous. While the folks went shopping, I was like bring me back a venti mocha nonfat no whip. I was serious, but why or why could them not find a Starbucks. Ugh! I had to get a Cherry coke for some caffeine and it was not hitting the spot.
3 pics of me...trying to be creative

We were going to the barbecue for my niece at 3, so I was able to rest, work on book club stuff and just relax, because we had been running since we left Montgomery. So we headed to my sister’s stepmom’s house for fried fish and barbecue. Of course the graduate wasn’t there. Seriously, when they graduate they think they are grown and if you are the guest of honor, shouldn’t you be there to great your guests? Also, this would be the first time for me to meet my brother’s girlfriend. Sighing…I had to remind him I don’t call my sister’s husband by name and I am harder than my sister is on folks.
Because I was looking exceptionally cute, this one was taken for the guy...

The Graduation Cake...The drama involved...

The food was good and after we ate they decided to open cards and presents. My sister got my niece Dr. Seuss’ The Places You'll Go and that is such a wonderful book to give to high school graduates. We all were able to sign the book and offer thoughts for the future. Hunny Bunny, my nine year old niece, wrote the most profound statement in the book relating to Stars Wars and such. I wish I had taken a picture of the wording. Amazing. I even got a gift of pictures and it was sweet. My sister’s stepmom and Daurice were a crying mess. But I had my life and was not going out like that. Imma G. Plus, I cried looking at the prom pictures.
During the storm...and no lights
Why do I like this picture so much?  She is giving the stank face for real!
She was saying cheese so I could take her picture.
The Graduate, Caitlyn reading my book club newsletter which was about Her!

As we were still going through gifts and speech giving, the lights went out. Now mind you, The Guy told me that morning to stay dry because VA was going to get some bad weather. Well, after the lights went out it got windy and dark. Then the rain came. My goodness. We were able to keep ourselves entertained by talking and telling jokes. Best time ever!

Yes, I met the girlfriend. She called me Ms. Cashana, really? Anyway, I didn’t get to talk with her, because that is what I really wanted to do. I had questions that I needed answers to. And I wanted to let her know some things as well. But alas, she fled the scene when the weather started to act up because she lives in Portsmouth.
See the Applebee's menu...I am so for real.  They are getting it in!
Kay singing Aretha Franklin
My sister singing and doing the most
They dancing...in Applebee's

Tell me they ain't having the time of their life...
Yes, she took a picture with me.  Maybe she likes me a little bit...from a far.

On tap for the evening, was Karaoke. Yes, to my two readers, Karaoke. And it was at Applebee’s. I am not joking. We went to Applebee’s to do Karaoke and we turned the place out. Alabama turned Applebee’s into a night club with folks ranging from 1 to 65 years old. What? Lala was having the time of her life. Hunny Bunny was doing the wobble and she doesn’t dance much, but she was doing it! Caitlyn and her friends sang, my sister sang, AJ sang, JT rapped, my cousin sang and we all backed them up with dancing and singing. It was a blast. I will never forget how much fun as a family we could have. We shut the place down as we were the last folks to leave. The Applebee’s workers wanted us to come back next week, but Alabama had left the building.

Finally, we left Friday morning about 10 am and it was an uneventful ride back. Only thing was I had planned to drive from Charlotte to Georgia, but I my dreaded motion sickness kicked in and that was a no-go. This is why I didn’t put up a fuss at Captain D’s, where they chose to eat our only meal on the road. I haven’t eaten at Captain D’s in a decade or more. That is not real fish folks. It took me 15 minutes to order something that wasn’t going to make me hurl. Plain baked potato and 6 little shrimp. JT was like, “Who chose this place? I haven’t eaten here in years.” We weren’t happy. And thank goodness for the Sprite and later the Ginger ale. Yeah, my motion sickness was on fire. We got stuck in Charlotte’s traffic and when we were 30 minutes outside of Atlanta we got in more traffic caused by an accident and literally we went 6 miles in one hour. Talking about frustrated and I was co-pilot so I had to deal with short stops and shit, but AJ held it down. Once we dropped off AJ and JT, we still had an over 2 hour ride to Montgomery. I took advantage of the middle row because I was over the whole road trip thing. I got to my house after midnight. It was weird to see all the businesses closed; I guess I am rarely out that late.
Kay, Caitlyn - The Graduate and me!  I need a DSLR really I do.


This trip was a real blessing. To see my niece graduate with honors and to have come into her own was amazing. My family, man we are so good together. We do the dang thang. As much as we could have gotten on each other’s nerves, we didn’t. Seeing my sister and brother and all of us together for something wonderful is always a blessing. And now I can relax.

My garden survived, but my poor sunflowers and Zinnia’s took a beating, but they are looking much better now. I will post about my angst regarding my garden next. And best believe I have some randoms about road trips. Get ready!

Gail, me and Kay.  I don't know what Kay was doing, but I turn up when pictures are being taken.  What?  I am vain.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.