Thursday, May 01, 2008

Are Mariah and Nick for real?

Okay, that title is misleading, what do I care about that, but ya'll know I love pop culture and between Beyonce and Jay Z, this is juicy...or not.

April has kept me pretty busy. Don't ask me with what, I couldn't tell you. All I know is that yesterday I realized May would be today.

Let's see my hair is doing okay. I did a braidout after my last washing and it came out wonderfully. In fact I have graduated from the Starter shampoo to the Salon one. Um, I like the smell of the Starter one and I like the texture moreso than now. But it is cute. I guess I better get online and order me some more Starter shampoo. My hair is growing and I am getting more compliments. My consultant and I agreed that I can learn to do my own retightening this summer with some follow-up to help me with my nervousness. All I know is it is Time. Seriously, I have lots of sealed ends and a lot more open ones. Patience.

I am also knee deep into getting ready for our family cruise. As much as I am looking forward to the event, I am dreading it too. Now look, I love my folks, but they can get on my nerves and shoot we all got a touch of crazy in us. Right now, even before we leave we have drama popping off. So ya'll reading this pray for us. 4 nights might be too long to be on a boat together.

Well my book club is in its 9th year. I often wonder how that happened. All I know is I love to read and that ain't going to change. I guess I should also incorporate the books I read on here so those out there who like to read will get some reading suggestions. I also am a reviewer with The Rawsistaz and have been since 2004, so you know I have a passion for reading and writing. My sister and two of her friends have a blogtalk radio show about books just go to blogtalk radio and 3 Chicks on Lit. You will love it.

I'm going to try to post more often and so those interested in getting Sisterlocks can look through my journey and find inspiration. Although, now my hair isn't doing much, I know folks want to see pictures and use them as examples of what the locking process is all about. Oh yeah, washing ain't so bad. Meimeika, girl, the jojoba oil has really helped my dry scalp. Because ya'll know we actually had a winter her in Montgomery and it wrecked havoc on my scalp and skin.

Oh well, nothing interesting going on in my life but I have read some blogs where folks have gotten new puppies, are expecting a new baby, going back to school and so many other things. Sisterlock and locked sisters are doing big things. Very empowering.

Until my next post...



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon? WTF? I saw a pic of Ray J and Whitney Houston somewhere and couldn't believe my eyes....

Ooohhh the braidout came out nicely!! Some day I will try it..

Congrats on year 9 of the book club. I would love if you posted your book listings. I'm a reader myself but get frustrated when I go since I never really know what I want. It would be nice to walk in with a mission..LOL! Romance is getting a bit old and I'm up for suggestions.

Glad to hear the jojoba oil is helping your dry scalp!!! I have yet to have another flare up(knock on wood) since I've started the regimen I posted on my blog.

Your locks are growing up a storm!

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to say I get frustrated when I go to a bookstore...hehe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.