Friday, October 31, 2008

Last Day of the Month, October 31st


This month is literally almost over. In fact, October has been a whirlwind. My family has already done Thanksgiving's menu and the guest list. This was the first year we had to have a guest list, seemingly the non-cookers want to invite extra folks. I guess I need to do a "20 reasons to be prepared to drink hard on Thanksgiving when the family gets together to eat". Somebody is going to get mad. I personally am going to chill. Me with 4 days off from both jobs is a feat to be enjoyed. So no worries.

My hair is doing nothing. It ain't locking. Doesn't seem to be growing a lot. It is boring right now and it doesn't help that on my last wash I just didn't feel like braiding it for a braid out. Now I wish I had. Oh well. My last retightening was short. She only had to do the back. She has challenged me to do two rows in the back. We will see. She also wants me to do a blurb for her website regarding taking her Retightening class and my ability to do it. Problem is I might have to explain I got issues due to my need to be a perfectionist and there was no way I was going to allow my hair to defeat me. We will see.

I put up a new food picture. Just so my sister can be mad, again. She hates when I send her pictures of new dishes. Drives her crazy. Don't know why though. LOL! The dish is Sweet Thai Basil Chicken and I got the recipe from Darius Williams' food blog, Everday Cookin . I tweaked it a bit. I used green bell peppers, because that is what I had, added some onions and sesame seeds as well. Yummy. It tastes even better the next day. In the comments I was asked about the recipe for the Chipote Shrimp and as soon as I can just sit quietly and do it I'll write it out. I have problems w/doing measurements. That is why I am not a baker.

Tuesday is the day. Make sure you make your voice heard and VOTE!

Have a great weekend!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your locks look great!!! It's very possible you may not be noticing much since you're doing your own hair. Before you would wait 6-8 weeks, feel and see all the new growth, and have your consultant retighten it. Where as now your hair is continuously a work in progress, so you don't notice the growth as much. Comparison shots always make me feel better...

Oh! Love the good pics!!! YUM!!

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to say 'food' pics!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Cashana said...

I think you have a point Meikmeika, because I constantly with tool in my hand in my hair. I just don't want it to get out of hand. My pics are not as appetizing as yours.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said...

wow u look great! and uve had some SERIOUS growth!!!!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Cashana said...

Thank you Cheleski!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Maryee said...

A pleasant surprise to drop by and see such lovely updated pics. Your locks are adorable! And that food had me drooling! Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.