Tuesday, April 14, 2009

After Easter Ramblings...





  • I feel better today then I did the week I wrote my bad day vent. :::wipingmybrow::: Glad those type of days are few and far between.

  • I have the Joy to Walk this weekend. I hope to make the 3 mile walk, but I have a feeling that is not going to happen.

  • I was a victim of fraud Saturday. Yep, it doesn’t pay to be distracted. Seemingly, and unbeknownst to me, there is a phishing scam going on in our good city of Montgomery. The call begins by telling the person there has been some fraudulent activity on your debit/credit card and they have had to suspend your account. Of course, I was running errands and didn’t look at my phone before I answered, which I normally do but I was juggling and when I heard someone was trying to steal money from me I panicked. And proceeded to give my bankcard information to an automated machine. Smart. Let me tell you these folks are good. And as soon as I hung up the phone I had an epiphany. I have never given the bank my cell phone number! Oh Shit! Yep, I immediately called the 1- 800 number for my bank and cancelled my card within 10 minutes of that call. And later that day I was informed this scam was recently profiled on the local news. Um, I don’t watch the news a lot, because I don’t have time. FYI, while I was at the bank Monday morning there were 3 individuals behind me with the same issues. Those folks are good. Nope there number didn’t show up on my cell phone.

  • I purchased 4 pair of shoes this weekend. That is more than I bought all of 2008.

  • The Duggars are going to be grandparents. Um, congratulations and :::Ihopetheydon’thave18kidstoo!:::

  • I can’t believe leaning on one’s car smoking a cigarette is what’s good on the streets.

  • I finally finished my taxes on Easter Sunday. Don’t owe anything. Now if I can get it mailed tomorrow.

  • The lizard is gone. Don’t know where, but it is out of my sight.

  • I was mad I couldn’t watch Law & Order all day on Easter. What do people watch on Sunday nights?

  • I don’t like when folks refer to my hair as dreads. They are locks.

  • I use to be so organized. When I start complaining about my disorganization, I look at the folks around me and realize I am more organized than they will ever be.

  • My book club has chosen another book by the author we are reading this month for next year. The author’s book this month has no plot. The sex scenes are over the top and contrived and after reading Pleasure by Eric Jerome Dickey, if your scenes are not erotic, sensual and believable um, I’m going to need you to stop with all that mess and write a real story. So not looking forward to reading that crap.

  • I have a lot of friends on Faceb.ook, but I don’t know half of them. I have 7 folks following me on twit.ter and I have yet to post one thing. Seriously, I have not posted anything.

  • I want an Amaz.on K.indle.

  • How long will the Somalian pirates continue to hijack ships? How long do they think they will be able to continue to do it before larger countries eat their azzes up?

  • My worst fear of flying actually happen. The pilot died and a passenger had to land the plane.

  • I want a Yorkie. Seriously, I have been scouring the int.ernet searching for breeders in Alabama. Seeing Bo, Sasha and Malia’s dog didn’t help.

  • We are about to have some small renovations done to our house. I am excited and dreading the whole process. We have to take all the stuff out of the cabinets in the kitchen take down all pictures. Get rid of the large freezer and replace with a smaller one. I don’t look forward to stuff everywhere. I’m going to need them to finish in a weeks time, because we gotta eat and we do not eat out much.

  • I need to start planning something for my birthday this year. I want to go to Las Vegas. I want to return to New Orleans. I’m gonna need some money.

  • Why would someone climb intentionally into a polar bear exhibit of a zoo?

  • Why are young and too old to be doing it people sexting? I have this fear that if one picture is taken of me naked (not that anyone wants to see all that) it will come back to haunt me when I run for a public office. Grown folks send body parts to folks through their cell phone.

  • Someone bought Kris.py Kreme donuts to the office yesterday. Dayum them.

  • I watching Bring.ing B.aby Hom.e on the learning station in the mornings as I get dressed. Seriously, some of these folks need to take a chill pill. They are neurotic about taking care of these newborns. And please help them if they have a hard time nursing there are fit to seek therapy. Really. People have been birthing and bringing up babies forever it will not be easy, but dayum it isn’t rocket science either.

  • The shoes are one of the pairs of shoes I purchased. I did wait until they went on sale.



4 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Girl you are so funny, love this post!

Glad you were able to catch on to the scam before things got worse.

The shoes are hot!

Take Care

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger new2locs said...

I love the shoes & I'm with you on the twittering. I have a twitter account as well & don't post anything, what's the purpose? I think I may be to old for that one! LOL

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

Brown Buttahfly - I probably funnier in purpose. My sister says I meet people and I have them laughing like I have known them for ages. I am glad I caught the situation early, now if my card would hurry up and get here.

New2locs - I don't know if age is the problem since Oprah is now twittering, I know for me I just don't get it, but my book club members think I should do it, just for my one liners...We shall see.

I love the shoes too. I have this cute Maxi dress they will work well with.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Naturally Sophia said...

I love the shoes and all dogs including Yorkies. Small dogs can be a lot of work.

Taxes? Ugh! I owe and haven't finished them because I am disorganized. I try everyday to be a little more organized.

I know people on facebook but from like Primary School. Twittering I don't get along with sexting. People need retro hobbies like collecting and leter writing. LOL!

Still laughing at dayum the Krisy Cream donut co-workers. Ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.