Friday, April 23, 2010


Tell ‘em why you are Random today…



  • Why have I been baking for two days straight trying to make edible gifts for folks? Maybe because I am so in love with my Kitchen Aid mixer…Maybe.

  • RIP – Dorothy Height.

  • RIP – Guru (Gang Starr). One thought: Does that Solar guy really believe Guru wrote such a hateful letter from his deathbed giving him carte blanche to speak for him? Try again son. You are sullying the man’s history.

  • Why does the sitter speak to me and then go straight to the den instead of being in close vicinity of the person she is supposed to be watching? I don’t know either, but I do know the nanny cam is probably going to be enlightening. As my sister says, “Ya’ll setting her up to get her azz beat.” Probably.

  • My niece is 15 years old and for the record I don’t like her right now. Oh, I love her to pieces, but I don’t like her right now. Her mom is finding out why I just can’t deal with teenagers at this age. Yellingholleringattitudnallazylossofbraincellsandonmynerves…

  • Have worked out all this week and I am proud to say the plateau is becoming a thing of the past. Who would have thought eating more and exercising more was the key?
    I love my little cousin. He was my baby when he was a baby. However, he ain’t quite right. Asking my opinion on him getting two tattoos on his legs and was he wrong for doing it. Yeah, I side-eyed his azz. His parents had to scrimp and struggle to buy his 25 year old azz a car this last week. And he goes to get tattoos talking about; everyone else brought them something with their income taxes. Um, you should have used the money for gas and other stuff. How about saving? Better yet, thank the Lord I ain’t your parent because you know after you are grown you get your own car and establish your own credit. I did. Then I remind myself to say bless his heart.

  • My little cousin’s younger brother is graduating next month. He is like one of my best friends. How does that happen? We are so much alike in thought processes it is a trip. We sit back and watch people and we are usually right on the money about them. We are also fiercely independent. He is graduating before his older brother because he realized from the jump, his parents didn’t planned properly for him to go to college and if he wanted to finish he had to do it on his own. Like I did.

  • I didn’t realize what having low potassium can do to your body. I also didn’t realize the insurance company was crazy as hell if they thought I was going to pay $496 for blood work. Drs. Office had to resubmit and properly code it. Yeah, that bill better had said $8.

  • I have been on a leave of absence from my online review group and was supposed to go back this month, but I am still on leave. I ain’t ready to deal with that right now. I like not having the pressure to read at least three books a month. Maybe I’ll come back in June…

  • Next door to my second job on last Friday some teenagers (14 & 15 years old) robbed the place and shot a customer in the back. They are idiots and a prime example the school system is failing our children. Seriously, who robs a convenience store on a Friday afternoon in broad daylight during rush hour on one of the busiest street in the city? Where they do that at? And the surveillance camera had their pictures so clear it was crazy. Why did one of my workers know who the boys were? I question seriously her choice of acquaintances. I told her to tell her friends to not even think about it on my 2nd job.

  • I want to know who really cares if Sandra Bullock or Elin Woods are going to divorce their husbands? I don’t care. Men have been cheating since they started marrying folks. Some men are going to do it and others aren’t and what they do as far as their marriage ain’t anyone’s damn business.

  • So disappointed in Opr.ah’s show with Monique’s brother. I didn’t watch and will not watch.

  • Music right now is on life support. There hasn’t been a summer hit yet and most of the stuff coming out is just not good. Thank goodness for Ipo.ds and old music.

  • I can’t watch Ray J and Brandy or the Basketball Wives. Boring. Plus with Ray J and Brandy their mama is who I want to see all the time. Reminds me of the folks from the hood who sit at their kitchen table with a cigarette with a long ash hanging from their mouth and they talk mess with a husky voice. The BW are not wives, they are jump-offs and every other thing.

  • Speaking of jump-offs why are they celebrities now for sleeping with someone else’s husband? I don’t get why folks are giving them air time. And have you seen the dude involved in the Larry K.ng scandal? Equal opportunity whor.es . Sit down somewhere and stay in your lane. And those folks hollering they didn’t know so and so wasn’t married are lying.

  • I would love to see a really good love story with black folks. I can’t wait to see the Queen Latifah and Common’s movie. I am missing the good love stories for us.

  • Instead I am getting every other week stories about successful Single Black Women who can’t get married and everyone wants to offer help. I call Shyte on all that. I read enough blogs to know that black women are getting married all the time. Media sit down somewhere with that. And if they have another panel with Steve Ha.rvey I will just scream! I don’t trust him to give me relationship advice. He is on his 3rd marriage. I read his book and it didn’t say anything I didn’t already know. My sister says I can’t knock his hustle. I can if I want to. More power to his brand, but he is not a relationship expert. He and I would have problems because what he considers compromises seem to be controlling methods. I am a semi-successful single black female and I am unmarried. I ain’t worried as much about it as the media. My time will come when it is deemed the TIME.

  • 48% of all black women have genital her.pes. That is what I heard on the radio this morning. Why is everyone so interested in black women, not the positive but the negative? If this is true, we need to do more education on sex and self-esteem.

  • I don’t get the fascination with Glee. I have yet to see it and frankly I probably want.

  • I can’t wait to watch Gabi on SNL Saturday. The promos are funny. Did you all see when Tina Fey was on? Pure comedy!

  • Can’t wait to see the SATC movie. Guess I need to go an watch the first one, huh? You know I don’t go to the movies right?

  • The picture is just random...Even clipart has happy married black couples...Just saying!


Have a great weekend on purpose…!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

I love your random posts, I want to respond but would have too many to respond too, so on that note. I will just be quiet, lol.

Take Care

V

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

LOL! So much going on and so little time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.