Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So I think I have a Green Thumb...

Not really, but according to my sister since I am getting older I am starting to nest.  Yeah, right.  I decided I wanted to grow some tomatoes and herbs especially after I saw a sharp spike in tomatoes at the grocery store.  Hence, my container planting.

Let's just say I read a few articles on the Internet on what would be the best things to grow...ie the easiest to grow.  So off to the local Wally world for seeds and plants.  I ended up purchasing seeds for basil and cilantro and a tomato plant and mint plant.  I spent an hour reading the labels on the potting soil and when I finally decided I was good to go. 

The week I purchased the items, was also the week of my cousins graduation from college with his BS in Psychology.  So that Sunday while my aunt and I relaxed I planted seeds and planted the plants in bigger containers.  Then I crossed my fingers hopping this would work out. 

                                                     This was about 2 weeks after planting.


This was on 6/10/2010

I discovered my first tomato on 6/10/10
Oh, my another tomato!
Basil from May until June.  Big growth!

Here are my mint and cilantro plants:



Not quite a green thumb, but I am growing somethings!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Looking good, I have a garden, which I am ashamed to say, because I have been neglecting it.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Denise said...

Wow! I want to grow something, or should I say, I want to watch something grow! Good job.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Naturally Sophia said...

Please come help with my orchids! Your tomatoes look like they'll be yummy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.