Friday, April 30, 2010

Seriously, I Need to Leave These Internets Alone!

I have always been attracted the Internet and all the information out here. Plus, as my sister says I am nosey! True. She calls me the Internet Crawler. If you need to know something, I can find it on the Internet.

Lately, I have just been discovering different blogs and just reading what folks are putting out there in the atmosphere. And the reason for this post is that I just got through crying like a damn baby because of my insatiable need to be nosey.

I was on Chocolate Brides, and my goodness they posted a video of a couple. The title of the video was I think the Ultimate Love Story. Don't quote me, but anyway the groom has stage 4 stomach cancer and it has spread to his esophagus. There video is so touching and no words I can come up with will be able to convey the beauty of their story. They have to be the strongest folks I have seen in a long time. Even if I tried to put myself in their place I don't know if I could display so much strength considering the obstacles and the uncertainty they face. Pray for them.

Another blogger, I want put her blog down here, but she has stage 3 cancer and she is blogging from her hospital bed. I go to her spot every couple days to see if she is alright. She is a 20 something young lady and this is her 2nd bout with cancer. Her family is going through it as well. Her father gave a portion of his lungs and days after the incident he had a major heart attack and it was touch and go for a minute, but he is still recovering. He is a doctor as well. She lost her grandmother shortly after her grandfather died. And now, her mother has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I feel this young woman's pain as she tried to chronicle her situation of helping others. How she does it is beyond me. I find myself crying just reading the entries. She is trying to deal with pain and all the medical issues that continue to come up as she lays in a hospital bed where she can have no visitors. I hurt for her and I pray for her and her family. Hell, I wrote about her in my journal. Why? Because she is a reminder of what Faith can do and that no matter how many FML moments I have, there is always someone going through way more.

I just wanted to spotlight these two blogs and say have a great weekend because life is too short not to enjoy what life has to offer.

I promise to comeback lighthearted next time!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Internet Crawler (smile), thank you for sharing. Hearing stories like these is very humbling and a reminder of how blessed we really are. How dare many of us complain over things that in end really doesn't matter. I love reading your posts and admire your sisterlocks!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

Well thank you Denise. I had to start black blogging more often and not just about my boring hair. I do plan a post that is not so dark next time. Thanks for stopping by and reading my antics. Thanks for the compliment on my hair, too.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Lock University said...

We found you! We just added you as an ALUMNI at www.LockUniversity.com! You are now part of a learning network of blogs. Each time you blog you move to the head of the class so keep blogging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.