Wednesday, April 06, 2011

And let the side-eye for Family vacations begin…


I get a call the other morning from an Unknown number on my cell phone. Mind you, I don’t normally answer my cell from unknown numbers unless I feel a little froggy and feel like cussing someone out. Well, I was feeling a little froggy so I answered. It was my cousins on the line. They were discussing the number going to Myrtle Beach and thinking of ways for it to be cheap economical for everyone. So they proceeded to ask were Tiffany and I getting one condo, and I was like yes, we usually do. My cousin said since the rooms have queen beds (mind you I am scratching my head because I know damn well the condo building we choose only has the King one bedroom or the double one bedroom w/sleeper sofa and Murphy bed). She figured to cut down on costs since she has to fly her grown son to Myrtle beach to attend the family vacation, we could share with them. They would take the bedroom with her sons and we could have the sofa and Murphy beds for my sister and I and my bad sleeping nieces. I had that Scooby Doo look on my face all confusical and all. Yes, I made up a word. I thought yeah we could save money, but in the back of my mind I was like who the hell am I kidding. I am not sharing a hotel room with 7 other people. I got issues man.

I told them I would talk to Tiffany and get back to them. I talked to my sister and she thought about it and then she had the Eureka moment. “Oh Hell Naw!” She can’t imagine sharing a bathroom with 7 other people and my youngest niece will use the bathroom in the morning as a method of waking up so that is 20 minutes sitting on the toilet swinging her damn legs. My Eureka moment was I can’t share a room with that many people and that many grown people. Then I went to thinking about the splitting of the cost and started feeling some kinda way. I ain’t got any children. So how was this split going to work and then my cousin’s sons are 23 and 26 years old their asses need to help pay for the rooms. Also, my other cousin here going are husband and wife maybe they should try sharing with them. I can’t and won’t but it will help them. My cousin was like we wouldn’t be in the room much, damn lie. I take naps every day of vacation. I will be in the room because I don’t do sand and sun. What? Sorry, cousins Tiffany and I will pay our share and have room to scratch our behinds and walk around in our draws, with 8 people in a room that ain’t gonna work, no way, no how.  I am going to be on vacation, I need to be comfortable.

What Would You Do?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Lush Locs said...

I would do exactly what you plan to do. What kind of vacation of would you have with all those folks in one room?

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Cashana said...

Lush Locs - Exactly. I nipped that in the bud b/c seriously ICAN'T. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.