Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June Challenge - Day 26

Day 26 – Sports



Right now we are in the middle of the NBA finals and probably by the time this is posted (yes I write in advance), it will be over. (And Lebron got his ring!) I used to love watching basketball. I would be on cruises and be in the bars watching the division tournaments. I don’t care for college b-ball, but I was a fan of the Chicago Bulls when Jordan was playing and the Lakers. Right now I am favoring the Heat so Lebron can get his ring. Call it what you will, but I bet you that Karl Malone wishes he got one before he retired.


My first sports love was football when I was younger. Man, I was a Dallas Cowboy fan through and through. I represented for Dallas like I was from Texas. I also loved the San Francisco 49ers, LA Raiders previously Oakland, Chicago Bears, Washington Redskins and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Sunday and Superbowl were important, back then. Now, I could care less. That is really bad because folks don’t realize how much of the game I know and understand until I actually sit and watch one because The Guy is over or family has dominated the televisions. I know football. Only football I may watch is Alabama vs. Auburn and our house is divided as far as family is concern. War Eagle, baby! LOL!


When I was younger I was a real tennis fan. I remember when Yannick Noah won the French Open so cool. Now, even if Serena or Venus is playing I ain’t watching.


Me playing sports, not going to happen. I use to hit the tennis ball against the garage door, does that count? I played kick ball, volleyball and badminton during gym at school. I tried out for the track team in the 8th grade, didn’t make it. I was pretty fast, but undoubtedly not fast enough. I just was never really interested in playing sports competitively. Now, unless we are playing on the Wii, which is pretty much all the sports play I am doing.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.