Monday, April 09, 2007


3 - Month Anniversary


First of all, hope you had a blessed Easter.

Time sure does go fast when you are having fun. As of today, my Sisterlocks(r) are 3 months old. It is a cause for celebration, because my hair is moving along nicely and I am still having a wonderful love affair with my hair.

Yesterday afternoon, I embarked on my omnious task of washing my hair. I can band and braid my hair in 15 minutes, yep I time myself. Then I did an ACV rinse hoping to get some of the lint out of my hair, but sorry to say it didn't quite work. Plus, I don't know how one can stand the smell of vinegar in their hair. Ugh! MHO! Then I proceeded to do the Nizoral for dandruff and then Sisterlock starter shampoo for the actual locks. This took about an hour and I used the remainder of the afternoon to let my hair air dry. That night it took me almost an hour to separate my locks. And the result is I had a full head of crinkly locks.

My hair is growing and folks are commenting on its growth. Initially, I didn't see it but I do now. What's interesting while banding the bundles I realize my locks are getting thicker. So the swelling is happening slowly but surely. Really, they are swelling at their own rate and that is fine with me.

Even after 3 months I still don't have the urge to roll my hair, freestyling works for me. It is easy and it doesn't cause too much manipulation of my babies.

My only problems are the lint in my locks in the back of my head, the length of time it takes me to wash my hair and finally, my inability to keep my hands out my hair. I think that last complaint is a disease called hairitis. LOL!

Enjoy your week and until next time...


Labels:

10 Comments:

At 2:30 AM, Blogger CarmenNC said...

You've gotten the washing down to a science. I haven't had a problem with lint - yet. I did have two or three locks slip out.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Valenciajaz said...

I had the lint problem too. It took a while but it has gotten better. I've just recently started doing ACV and it helps if you rinse reeeeeeal good. Have you tried using the terry cloth covered bands to do your banding & braiding? They're quicker to put on and take off.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

Carmen, I wish I had the washing down to a science, I just dread doing it because of the time, but I can agree it is getting easier wiht time.

Valenciajaz, I am going to try again with the ACV rinse this week when I wash before my retightening. I tried the terry cloth bands and I must have gotten the cheap kind because the first time my consultant noticed the lint in my hair was right after I used them, so I am apprehensive about using them again, but you are right they are easier to use.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger NappyTexanGirl said...

I have been SLd for about 6 mos now. I still have problems with lint also, but I usually try to bur sheets and pillowcases that are satin or polyester so I can sleep without anything on my head.
Keep the photos comin..............................

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Cashana said...

I have always slept with my hair covered, habit. I know where the lint came from, because it is on the locks in the very back, which means my favorite sweater can no longer be worn. Oh well...Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Maryee said...

I think lint just comes with the package. I've learned to not get so peeved when I get it and I can't get it out. Congrats on 3mos.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

Maryee, I am trying to not worry about it because it comes with having locks. I just can't wait until I can color it up, so I don't see it anymore. Thanks for stopping through.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Cashana, I so wouldn't even stress about the lint. Hec, my hair is not even long enough for me to check it out, and the Count (poor baby) has no clue what he's looking for... My consultant took a tiny lock down b/c of the lint, but I'm not overly concrened about it. Like maryee said, it comes with the territory. congrats on the three months!! :)

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Wow. I learn something new everyday. I now know to be on the look out for lint when I get locked.

I can tell you dread the washing process, I feel it in your writing and I compassionately dread it for and with you. But you do seem to be getting the time down.

Thanks for being so transparent and honest at your blogspot, it is REFRESHING!

Sis. RJQueen10

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

RJQueen10,

When I can stop banding and braiding, I will probably stop feeling overwhelmed with the process. I have to wash tonight because I have my retightening tomorrow and I am apprehensive, but it has to be done. Thanks for the compliments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.