Thursday, May 03, 2007

Well it has been awhile since I blogged about anything whether it is my muse whispering or my hair needing to be seen.

I had my last retightening on April 21st. It took exactly 3 hours. Yeah! Not that I mind the 3.75 hours we normally do, but it gave me time to run a few extra errands and not be so tired before I went to my part-time job that evening. No flakiness was noticeable, which is good because I tend to fret about the cleanliness of my scalp and hair. Only problem was two different sections of locks trying to combine. I try to be meticulous in separating my locks after washing, but my arms do get tired during the process that takes anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour or so. Yeah, I am still slow. It still takes me 2.5 to 3 hours to wash my hair. However, I am learning to use that time wisely and do household chores and such while I allow the shampoos to penetrate. One of the best parts of washing my hair is when I allow the hot water to flow through my hair. It feels magnificent. My consultant says I really should give styling my hair with rods a chance. Um, I like freestyling and I don’t think my hair is long enough for rods without having a bunch of tight curls and I prefer loose curls. I know I will style sooner or later because with length I will want to experiment. Since I am so busy i.e. lazy, freestyling is my addiction. I have been checking out Brunsli Hairties though and I have my eye on a couple of pieces, but I know once I order one it will be all over. I may not be a product junkie, but I do have an affliction to things to use for the hair. As always my retightening is fun. My consultant also wants me to start using the SL Moisturizer so off to the website to buy some and more Starter shampoo. Don’t do much reading during my retightening, but we have some great conversations. I miss that part of going to a beauty shop and although my last hair stylist was a man, we had great conversation and the stylist who did my microbraids was my friend so you know we talked about everything. Now when I wore Kinky twists conversation was difficult because of the language barrier. Overall, my hair is doing fine. I told my consultant I keep waiting for my hair to blow up and she said, “Cashana, your hair may not get much bigger than it already is.” Oh. I do feel some texture differences in my hair in the back near the crown. I got to be more patient and even though I am going into my 4th month I know my hair is different because I am different.

I am in the process of losing weight and working on a plan that will be comparable to my lifestyle. I have lost 4.6 pounds and I am proud of myself. You see I have been on numerous diets and one thing I know about myself is if I don’t see loss immediately (I need instant gratification) I will get discourage and stop. I have this plan to lose all the weight I need to by my 40th birthday. I planned to be fabulous at 40 and will celebrate for months leading to the big day. I have so much to celebrate and most of all my many blessings.

My muse hasn’t been whispering much lately. Haven’t felt like writing and most of the stuff I have been reading has been lackluster. I am hoping this month reading will pick up and my muse will start talking again.

My book club is having its annual slumber party in June. I need some ideas. Last year we had a masseuse come in and give 30 minute massages and we served martinis. This year I want to do something different just not sure what.

As you can see life with Sisterlocks doesn’t stop it keeps on pushing forward at least now I get to do it on my own terms.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Congrats on your weightloss. As my Pastor says, stop trying to lose a whole bunch of weight before you celebrate, celebrate a pound at a time. I have recently lost 30 pounds, since 10/18/2006.
I gained 6 pounds back, so I am back on this weightloss process with a fierceness. My goal is to lose 23 more pounds for a final weight of 175 pounds. I started at 222 pounds last October. I definately pray daily, I ask God for discipline, and wisdom, consistency and patient endurance to finish the process and keep the weight off forever. My self-LOVE experience is internal and external, a whole bibilically complete package.

Make sure, like you said your plan is good for you and for your lifesyle. If you add too much information to it, it can get overwelming and discouraging.

I tried to add a personal trainer to this second half of my weight loss experience, well that was too much information and just plain too much for me and my lifesyle. He tried to change me too fast and that is not how I gained the weight. It was a gradual weight gain and it was here for about four year and that is how I plan to continue to lose it gradually, 1 to 2 pounds per week until it is gone.

I think the young man is great, and shows the proper form to do the exercises, his body looks like what he is teaching, but it was not a good match for my current lifestyle. So I will stick to being lead by God, it really is working for ME!

Sis. RJQueen10

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Okay, I feel a sense of completion. I have read your blogspot from beginning to end. Now I can eagerly await new posts or go check out your bookclub. I have(am) enjoying your journey. I love your muses, and the depth you have when you express yourself. Thank you for being You, an Epitome of Excellence!

Sis. RJQueen10

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

Thank you so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.