Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Creative Cooking...Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes

Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes


I told you guys I tried to make these cupcakes back in December, but they didn’t turn out right and they tasted like cornbread. Everyone knows I detest cornbread. So I search for another recipe.  Anyway, using the recipe on catesworldkitchen.com I decided to try it again.

Ingredients:

10 oz can of crushed pineapples in juice
1 cup of flour
¾ cup of sugar
2 tbsp of vegetable oil
1 egg
1 tsp of baking soda
¼ teaspoon of salt

With my oven preheated to 350 degrees. I combined the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Then put the egg and oil together and mixed and then added it to my dry ingredients. After mixing well, I added my crushed pineapples. I did not use the mixer for this recipe. I poured the mix into my cupcake line muffin pan and cooked until they were golden.

I basically did a simple buttercream for the frosting except I did add crushed pineapples to the frosting.  I topped the frosting with toasted coconut.

1 stick of butter room temperature
1 tsp of coconut extract
2 cups of powdered sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp of crushed pineapples
Toasted coconut
Heavy cream as needed

Verdict: The recipe was quite easy, but honestly the cupcakes were just okay. I can’t seem to find the right blend of icing and cake that work well for flavoring. The cake itself was quite moist and not overly sweet, but it was a bit dense for me. As for the icing, I am finding that I prefer a cream cheese frosting on my cupcakes. Go figure. Maybe you can try this and find a way to make it wonderful. Although they tasted fine, I can’t say this is the recipe for me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.