Friday, January 06, 2012

Pump the Brakes...2012 Is Going Too Fast!

Happy New Year's Everyone!  I hope you brought it in with a bang and have the memories to savor. 

Let's see...I worked that night and I mean I literally worked because I was shorthanded.  Although, I could have flipped my wig, I took it in stride and was thankful one of the day workers stayed to assist us through our rush.  When he left, we could literally count the customers from that point on.  Can you say slow?  Next year, we need to close at 7 pm.  Hell, most places around us closed early.  And what was funny were the customers saying, "I can't believe you are still open.  Aw!  I hate you have to be here until 9."  Really? I don't think you really were That sorry.

However, I guess I was in a pretty good mood because I knew I would have two whole days of no working, just relaxing.  Yes, for all day in one's pjs.

I got home and prepared me a light dinner of Bang, Bang Shrimp and fried calamari.  Yummy!  Then I took a long bath.  Wished Happy New Years to my sister!  And when Central time called for a New Year's countdown I counted down the last 10 seconds and drank a glass of Martinelli's, who told them to put pear in that?, and I hit the bed.  I was sleep by 12:30 pm.  I had to wait until the idiots stopped shooting off their guns before I officially went to bed. 

I woke up the next morning and cooked up a small batch of turnip greens and black eye peas.  I need the extra money, and some veggies.  Then I proceeded to watch Law & Order and sleep all day.  And the next day wasn't much better.  I mean my house was clean and frankly I needed the rest.

A little funny before I go.  The Wednesday after Christmas I woke up with a floater in my left eye.  Anyone who has ever experienced this can tell you it is weird and scary all at the same time.  So I made an eye appointment immediately.  Well, after I consulted Web..M.D.  Seriously, I tell my sister to stay off the site all the time because she is forever diagnosing herself with some type of ailment.  Most of them contrived.  After reading web.m.d, I became completely distraught and figured I was going blind because of a detached retina.  First of all, my family is prone to the dramatics.  We can put on a show.  So after my research and figuring I would be blind in my left eye I went to thinking about the future.  Oh yeah, I was ready to research disability and since the Internet said one should get someone to help them with day-to-day activities and of course finding a driver or using public transportation to get around, my mind was in turmoil.  However, I put on a good face and said I wouldn't worry about it.  I have been a praying fool, too!  Well, I had my appointment this week and I do not have a detached retina.  My doctor in a very kind way said is so many words, "Stay your azz off Web.m.d."  Well what he said was, Web.m.d has a lot of information on it, but you have to know exactly what you are looking for, because they seem to give you information on the worst case scenario.  Prepare for the worst and you won't be devastated later.  Because you know I had been sitting in the room in tears thinking I was going blind.  I do have a floater, but it isn't going to cause me blindness.  He explained what floaters are and really there isn't much one can do for them and I really didn't have anything to worry about.  Thank goodness!  I had worried myself to near a catatonic state. 

I will be back next week with my 5 year Sisterlock Anniversary post with pictures.  Happy New Year!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That damned Web M.D. gets me all the time. According to them, I'm always on death's doorstop. *lol* MrTDJ said he was gonna put parental controls on my laptop and tablet so I can't access it anymore.

Your bang bang shrimp looks DELICIOUS. Please continue cheffing it up in 2012 and sharing your creations!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Cashana said...

Mrstdj - I am always telling my sister to stop diagnosing herself, and I did it too. LOL! I plan to keep cooking and posting, been a little lazy with cooking because of the holidays, but a girl has to eat. LOL! Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.