Friday, March 09, 2012

Daylights Savings Time Randoms...

I am losing an hour of sleep. This is going to be so problematic on Monday, when I really feel it.


Right now, I could use a nap, but that isn’t going to happen.

One of my workers on my part-time job asked for more hours a few weeks ago. I looked at her and said not until I get some positive reports from the other managers, and when I asked them at our weekly meeting the answer was you haven’t improved. She was very appreciative and said thank you. I know she called me a byotch, but hey I had been gone for two weeks and prior to that I didn’t schedule her when I worked. I need peace in my life and she doesn’t bring that to me.

I return to working out this week. Go me! 4 days of working out! I was so excited to get back to our little gym at work and was looking forward to the treadmill. Um, why were both treadmills out of order? Man, I haven’t been in the gym in a month and the equipment was broken. Then no one even reported they were out of order. Geez, they must not be serious about their workout.

I need to wash my hair like nobody’s business. It has been well over a month since I washed it and 3 weeks since I retightened. My head is a fool right now. I am trying to figure out how I can fit in a wash and 12 hour dry session into my weekend. I so dread this process. Somebody help me!

The weather here has been crazy. One day it is cold and two days later it is 70 degrees. It is a wonder there aren’t more sick folks. The guy gets a cold every time the weather changes. Bless his heart.

The guy came to my job recently to eat and wait on his son to get off work and he didn’t want to drive all the way back home. The kids had a field day. “Ms. Cashana, I knew that was your boyfriend because you lit up and ya’ll were smiling so hard at each other.” Yeah.

Transitioning back to work after being off two weeks wasn’t too difficult, but I had to realize a few things. One, I couldn’t go back full days the first week back because my depth perception was off and it tended to give me a headache when I did too much computer work. Two, I struggled with not having control over this situation. Last week I went in for a follow up appointment and was going to work after. Well, they dilated both my eyes instead of just the left one. So I go to work after putting the shades they have given me over my eyeglasses. I go in to do my timesheet and complete my leave slips first well, I was only there 10 minutes because it was quite obvious I wasn’t going to be able to see shyte. I was just distraught over the whole situation. I went home and had a good cry and a nap.

Let’s go back to Tuesday of last week. I was on my 2nd job and sneezed. Sneezing is normal and everyone does it. However, when you have eye surgery you need to control how you sneeze. I had no chance to control the sneeze and when I sneezed, Lawd have mercy! I saw stars and stripes and possibly the light because the pain was excruciating. My head began hurting directly over my left eye and my eye was immediately sore. I did make sure I hadn’t gone back to having shadows, which I hadn’t. When I tell you when I went to my f/u appt. I told them what happen they wanted to insure I hadn’t done anything to re-injure the eye and I hadn’t but I was going to be sore. With this buckle on my eyeball, I think I sneezed so hard I bruised my socket and hit a nerve. Because my eye settled down on that Thursday, but Friday my eye was in ridiculous pain. If the wind blew across my eye, that bad boy hurt. It hurt until Saturday afternoon. It stopped I believe because I slept all day and did nothing but sleep and kept the eye covered. The next time I had to sneeze, I coughed instead.

I have finally slowed down on the entire picture taking of my eye. The retina is completely reattached and I have no restrictions except lying on my back. I go back next month to get new prescriptions for my contacts and glasses. Yep, luckily I only got new contacts in January and was holding on to my eyeglass prescription.

My sister was so mad about her cell phone bill this week she let the phone get cut off. Why? Because my niece and my brother had piled on extra fees and didn’t know where the extra costs came from. She said they were both looking sip silly. Her words. I was like I don’t know if I could just not have my cell phone. At midnight when the phone went off, I would have been like I don’t know what time it is even though I have a clock radio by the bed. I would have probably started rocking in the bed and pacing the floor trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with my phone. The picture I conjured up wasn’t pretty. Luckily, she only let them suffer a few hours.

My sister said this and I love it, “You can’t be stupid all your damn life.” Amen.

Pinterest is all that and more.

Is Snooki really headline news? I have yet to watch the show because it looks ridiculous.

Speaking of reality shows, can we petition somebody to end this mess? It has gotten so no scripted programs are being done and all the shows resort to sensualistic behavior for ratings. Frankly, I am tired of seeing grown women fighting. Luckily, I just don’t watch. But you can’t help but to notice as you channel search.

I am looking forward to Dallas this summer, but I am worried that it won’t live up to the hype and I will be disappointed. I grew up watching Dallas. We shall see.

I lower my head in shame because you know how many episodes of Law & Order: SVU I have seen this season? None. I don’t know what happen but on Wednesday I can’t be compelled to stop watching the old episodes of Law & Order to catch SVU, plus with Stabler gone, I don’t know.

No baking still, but I do plan to make these Hot and Sweet chicken legs for dinner Sunday. Got the idea from guess what? Pinterest. So I will have a new cooking item next week.

Did I mention I am going to have problems on Monday due to the change of time? I will be cranky for a week, I just know it. Until then, have a great weekend!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.