Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Creative Cooking...Firecracker Shrimp from Pioneer Woman

Firecracker Shrimp from The Pioneer Woman

One of the reasons I like Pinterest is because I am able to lust after food pictures and find new recipes to try.  So when I saw the picture of the Pioneer Woman's Firecracker Shrimp and realized that I had all the ingredients at home to make them, I was hype about trying this recipe.  The Pioneer Woman also has a show on the Food. Network.  So make sure to check out her website for other good recipes to try.

Ingredients:

1 pound of large shrimp (only had a pound of medium)
2 tbs of Sriracha Chili Sauce
2 tbs of Olive Oil
1/4 tsp of salt
2 teaspoons of sugar
4 to 5 cloves of pressed garlic

I followed the recipe pretty much as written, but you know I keep minced jarred garlic in my fridge.  What?  I am lazy sometimes. 
Shrimp in the mixture right before marinating.

Anyway, I mixed all my ingredients except for the shrimp together in a small bowl and then added my shrimp and then placed in a ziplock baggie to marinate for 2 hours.

Grilling on my grill pan.

Using my grill pan I heated it up and since it is a nonstick kind I didn't have to oil it up.  After skewering my shrimp, with skewers that had soak for 30 minutes, I place the shrimp on the pan and got to grilling.  Took about 4 to 5 minutes to do with me turning them halfway through.  I got the nice little burn marks from the carmelization so they looked great.  

Yummy!
Verdict:  An absolute winner!  I enjoyed them and wished I had done more.  The flavor was spicy and sweet and fingerlicking good.  I could actually see myself doing these with scallops and shrimp together.  Sounds yummy, right?  So go out and try this one.  Very easy to prepare and very tasty.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger blackrussian said...

Mmm! Looks good and sounds easy!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

Blackrussian - it is good and real easy I want to try it with scallops as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.