Thursday, February 02, 2012

Creative Cooking...Asian Glazed Wingettes

The other day I decided I needed to cook a meal. Since the holidays, I have done very little cooking. Well, let me rephrase. I have been cooking but I am cooking things that will last two weeks if frozen. Yeah, I have become the lazy cook. However, when I get home and it is dark the last thing I want to do is think about preparing a meal. Hell, sometimes I go home and eat a nice bowl of oatmeal and have a piece of turkey sausage and I am good. According to my sister, um, that is just plain nasty. Sue me, I love oatmeal. Anyway, I decided to try out an Asian chicken recipe and put some sides along with it and make a quick meal.


I turned to several sites looking for the winner and a recipe without too many ingredients. I know lazy. I found on skinnytaste.com the perfect one. Asian glazed legs. I followed her recipe to a certain degree. I used wingettes instead of legs and I wasn’t about to take the skin off them little bitty suckers. I also baked my wingettes after the sauce thicken I poured it over the chicken and baked until done. So head over to Skinny Taste and try it her way.

Verdict: Yummy! And filling. It had the right amount of spice and definitely finger-licking good. It was really important for my sauce to have thickened significantly before I started to bake the wings. I would definitely make these again. I paired my 3 wingettes with cream of spinach and steamed carrots with a drizzle of the sauce over them. Viola, a healthy and quick meal for dinner.

And yes, this is a saucer.  Yummy!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Anonymous MrsTDJ said...

Those look amazing. I don't think you can ever have too many wing recipes! *lol* Heading over to the site now to check the recipe.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

MrsTDJ - That is the truth about wing recipes! She has great recipes on their and although WW, they tend to be tasty and easy to make.

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous MrsTDJ said...

Ma'am! Thank you for that site, the recipes are great!!! BTW, I tagged you in a recent post. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.