Thursday, May 31, 2012

Creative Cooking...Low Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies



My kids on my second job are so happy to know I am back baking, but they just can’t understand why I haven’t brought any goodies to them to “test”. Maybe because they have been the baine of my existence the last couple of weeks or the fact the recipes are quite healthy and may not agree with their palate? Maybe I just want to keep the goodies to myself. LOL!


Anyway, this recipe is from Skinnytaste and it is called the Best Low-fat Chocolate Cookies.  I was prepared to dismissed the claims when I saw the ingredients list because, here she goes again with this whole wheat pastry flour, that is no where to be found in my neck of the woods. So we had to make few adaptations.

Best Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies adapted from Skinnytaste


Ingredients:

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 tbsp butter, melted

1 egg white

2 tbsp apple sauce

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour

1/2 cup all purpose flour

1/4 tsp baking soda

1/8 tsp salt

1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your cookie pan with parchment paper, she recommends the silpats, but I am not investing in them right now.

In one bowl combine your dry ingredients of flour, salt and baking soda. In my mixing bowl mix your sugars, butter, egg white, applesauce and vanilla until light and fluffy. Yes, I used my mixer, easier. Plus, y’all know I am a lazy baker. Once the mixture is light and fluffy add your dry ingredients slowly and I did have to add a little water to get the consistency I was looking for. When well incorporated, fold in your chocolate chips.

Place on your cookie sheet I used my cookie scoop and baked until brown. Cool on wire rack.

Verdict: I will say these are tasty cookies. The first batch of cookies tasted pretty darn good, but I realized immediately I prefer my cookies to be less chewy and more crunchy so the next batched cooked a bit longer and I loved them then. You have to make a judgment call on what you like, but I can say these are a really good substitute for those more fattening chocolate chip cookies, that I am known for. So let me know if you try and your review.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.