Thursday, August 23, 2012

Creative Cooking...Italian Beef Sandwiches (Crockpot style)



Italian Beef Sandwich

Okay, let’s just face it; I love Pinterest because it indulges my inner cooking maven. I see something pinned a number of times, I am sure to try it. This particular recipe is no different. Frankly, I have seen enough cooking and travel shows talking about Italian beef sandwiches and I wanted to try it, but me heading up north isn’t happening anytime soon. And since Pinterest was daring me…I took up the dare. And being the lazy cook that I am, I liked the idea there were only 4 ingredients. Hey, don’t judge me it is too hot to cook around these parts.


Italian Beef Sandwiches (Slow Cooker recipe from Six Sisterstuff.com)
3 of the 4 Ingredients...so simple!

3 lb bottom round beef roast (I wasn’t about to pay crazy prices for beef so I got a 2.5 lb round beef roast – the prices were ridiculous.)

2 packages of dry Italian dressing mix

1 cup of water

16 oz jar of pepperoncini peppers

In your crock pot place your beef roast and then add your Italian dressing mixes and one cup of water. And turn your crock pot on low and let it cook for about 10 hours. The aroma will awaken you from a deep sleep, seriously. About an hour or two before you finish cooking shred your beef, which will be very tender and then add your peppers with the juice. Since I didn’t have the full 3 lb roast I used only ¾ of my jar. Serve on a toasted bun or hoagie roll.
Shredded beef with pepperonicini

 Toasted bun and Italian beef
Verdict: I don’t know what a “real” Italian beef sandwich tastes like, but this one was crazy good! I am in love with the flavor and taste. The meat is very tender, but quite flavorful. The pepperonicini gave it a nice spicy touch with a taste of vinegar so definitely a party in your mouth taste. I definitely will be doing this again for an easy meal and the flavor only gets better as it sits in the refrigerator. So go ahead and give this one a try.


Italian Beef Sandwich

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.