Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I Took A Day Off...Believe it or not!

I did something I rarely do, I took a whole day off from both jobs and did absolutely nothing but what I wanted to do. And it was amazing.


Yes, I have been quite quiet on this blog, but I have been busy with some cooking and reading. However, have you ever just felt like damn all I do is work and frankly you are tired? Last week I decided since there are no holidays in August, I would take an annual leave day and be still. Originally, I had planned to run an errand and then be in all day. But the night before I prayed and put it in the hands of God, and he saw fit for me to relax yesterday. And I did.

I got up at 7 am and put the garbage can on the street, gotta do that since I live alone. And I came back in and Viggled and texted The Guy to have a great, peaceful and productive day. Then I got back in my bed after making sure the rain of the night before would keep my plants okay. And I slept until 11 am. In fact, I didn’t realize it was so late. My body appreciated me relaxing it for once. I mean seriously, even when I am off on the weekends, I always have something to do and I rarely sleep past 8 am. Plus, I didn’t tell anyone I was going to be off. On purpose.

I got up and put on my washing hair clothes. I had planned to wash my hair on Sunday, but was too lazy to do so, but I knew I could get it done on this one day off. Not only did I wash my hair I also retightened it as well. This took a good portion of the day, but I wasn’t rushed or stressed about doing it. I took my time and in between retightening it and putting it up later on that night, my hair actually dried. Go figure!

I ate leftovers, got myself ready for the week and even managed to bake some cookies for posting in the upcoming weeks. And I still managed to be in the bed at 11 pm. Go me!

This was one of the best days off I have had in a long time. I did what I wanted and didn’t have to include anyone into my plans. My sister couldn’t believe I took off, but I told her I needed some me time. We all need time to relax and allow all the stress of living and worrying and being sucked up in other folk’s chaos to dissipate. I am so glad I allowed God to lead me…can’t go wrong when you do that!

I will be back with recipes and hopefully some randoms by the end of the week. Enjoy the rest of your week, I plan to!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.