Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Creative Cooking...Sesame Pork and Chicken



Sesame Pork and Chicken (Pork on right and chicken on left)

I was looking for a simple pork recipe because I had gotten a good deal on a 2 lbs of boneless pork chops, so I googled sesame pork and then when I got the multitude of recipes I said, let me do a search on Crepes of Wrath site and see what she has for an easy pork dish. I like her site for quite a few Asian inspired dishes, because they never lack flavor and she is a young cook too! And this is what I found and since it didn’t seem too hard and because I had all ingredients, why not. I chose not to use the Zucchini and made a batch with the pork and a batch with thinly sliced chicken breasts for variations for lunch the following week. If you haven’t checked out the Crepes of Wrath site, what are you waiting for? Hell, the photography on her site makes mine look like I took pictures with a toy camera…



Ingredients: As adapted from Crepes of Wrath

2 pounds of pork sliced thinly (boneless pork chops)

2 shallots, minced

4 cloves of garlic, minced

1 2-inch piece of ginger, minced

1 tablespoon granulated sugar

1 tablespoon honey

1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds

2 teaspoons sesame oil

2 teaspoons soy sauce

1 teaspoon hot chili paste or Sriracha (used both) I like spicy.

1 teaspoon kosher salt

½ teaspoon ground black pepper

1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil, for cooking

1 large zucchini, sliced and quartered (omitted)

1 scallion, sliced thinly, for garnish (omitted)

Rice or noodles for serving


Marinade
Cooking after several hours in the refrigerator marinating...

Mix up your marinade of shallots, garlic, and ginger, then combine it with the sugar, honey, sesame seeds, sesame oil, soy sauce, chili paste, salt, and pepper. Place your thinly pork and or chicken in with the marinade and place in a plastic bag and allow it to marinate for a least 2 hours.

Heat up your skillet on medium-high heat and add the pork or chicken with its marinade and cook until the protein is done. Serve over rice or noodles. It is even better the next day or days.
Sesame Pork and Chicken (Pork on left, chicken on right)

 
Verdict: I loved both versions the pork and the chicken. I enjoyed the heat with the sweet. It was filling and satisfying as a dinner or lunch meal. Whether you serve it over rice or noodles, you will definitely want to make enough for another meal. Quick and easy. Let me know if you try it!
Delicious!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.