Monday, April 18, 2011

Long-winded and Long Weekend Randoms...



Let’s see, do you know how it feels to be off three full days from both full and part time jobs? Absolutely wonderful. Prior to this mini-me vacation, I would have said absofcuklutely. I had learned creative uses for the word fcuk. Why? Everyone, especially the kids on my second job, had worked my last working nerve.



So let me describe the greatness of being off. On Friday, I got up early did the elliptical machine, heck this was the only time I did it this weekend, but I did get in a good work out Saturday, without actually working out. Winning!


On Friday I decided to purchase my rose bushes and get some more gardening supplies. Can someone tell me why planters cost a mint at small nurseries and cheap as hell at the Wally World?


Why did my local Wally World have signs posted that stated, “Wal-Mart will officially have new hours beginning April blah, blah. The new hours are 6 am to 12:00 pm. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Blah, blah.” You notice the problem? When I read it, I shook my head saying, “My people, my people.” I asked the greeter about the hours and said, “Your sign says you will close at noon, because 12:00 pm is noon and they need to correct it.” He didn’t understand what I was saying. Someone else must have said something because before I left they were in the process of changing all the signs. Guess they didn’t proofread before they posted.


I ended up having to go to the local hood Wally World, which I deplore with all that is humanly possible. Two weeks ago they shot a shoplifter who was trying to flee the scene after hitting a police officer in her car. Yeah, it is truly gangster at this particular Wally World. They had plenty of rose bushes though, I should have known. However, why were there only 3 that were worth taking home? The others were dying or dead because they haven’t been watered in a month of Sundays. I told the cashier in the garden section and she said this one looks fine. I side-eyed her and explained the majority of the rose bushes hadn’t seen any water and they may want to check on them. You know they ain’t busy; she and the other worker should have been working on the flowers.


However, I went to this Wally World in the afternoon trying to beat the storm. Why was I in the local dollar store purchasing plastic drain pans and the Tornado sirens went off? Yeah, I was in the store thinking please hurry up so I can get my behind home ASAP. But you probably know already they only had one cashier, and fiftyeleven folks in line. A customer in line asked if they had someone else to come and assist her and the cashier said the other young lady was on break and by law she must have her break. Damn, they are serious about breaks at the dollar store.


On Thursday night I did my taxes. What? I always have to pay and when you have to pay you mail them in on the tax deadline day. Yes, I mail them. Damn the electronic filing I normally have to pay. All I knew was before I did them and depending on how much I owe would determine how many shoes I can purchase on Friday. What? I love my shoes. Since I don’t owe anything and what I get back will not put two fill-ups of gas in my car, I needed to celebrate. What better way to celebrate than with some shoes?


On Friday, I did get three pairs of shoes and one purse. Winning!


Friday night we were still dealing with the remnants of the storm, which incidentally killed 45 people over the weekend from the monstrous tornados. I was a bit nervous being home alone, but with a glass of Pinot Noir I was able to relax enough to watch, Why Did I Get Married Too, hoping I didn’t lose power.


BTW, I liked the movie, but it was entirely too long. The Rock at the end…Yummy!


Saturday morning I got up to do my gardening, since the storm made it impossible to do on Friday. But since it was really cool that morning, I washed my car. I haven’t washed a car in 11 or 12 years. I did a pretty good job; she was shining a little bit.


I replanted a peace lily, planted some garden flowers and my two rose bushes in containers and feed all my plants. Then I decided to take me a nap, and boy was it a good one.


Saturday night I watched For Colored Girls and Hustle and Flow. I love me some Terrance Howard all sweaty and talking like folks from Memphis. I had to re-watch For Colored Girls because the 1st time was at last month’s book club meeting and you know how women get so chatty during a movie. And I had one or three glasses of Pinot Noir.


Why didn’t anyone tell me how wonderful Pinot Noir is? OMG, I love that wine and the way I was drinking it all weekend there was no denying it. Thank goodness I had a big bottle of it. Don’t side-eye me, the smaller bottle cost more.


I enjoyed spending some quality time Saturday evening watching movies, enjoying my wine and my company. Don’t ask because I don’t talk about that on this here blog.


Sunday, I woke up at 10 am. I haven’t slept this late in a longtime.


Sunday’s late start made that my official be lazy day and I definitely enjoyed my last day off.


Have you seen Black Swan? I encourage you to do so. That was like one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. It was magnificently dark, moody, emotion-filled and artsy.


Then I followed it up with Obsessed. You know the movie with Idiris Elba and Beyonce. Let’s just say this could have been a Lifetime movie. Beyonce needs more people. I couldn’t get a grasp of her actually feeling the need to whip old girl’s behind, she needs more life experiences for it to be convincing and I just wasn’t convinced. But I was entertained by all that Idiris embodies.


I tried to get an early start to bed Sunday night, but since I didn’t wake before 10, I missed the early showing of Joel Osteen. Oh well, as soon as it went off I was sleep within 10 minutes last night.


Then I woke up and it was Monday morning and I am tired as hell. What happened to my relaxed mood from the weekend? My sister texting me like it is 10 instead of 6 am. Ugh!


Then I get to work and right before I get to my office, my co-worker tells me the cleaning folks broke my radio’s antenna on Friday. WTF? Are you serious? How you dusting and breaking shyte? There goes all the relaxation I had from the weekend. Now my azz is pissed. I need my radio to make it through the day even if they play the same damn songs over and over again. BTW, I have had the radio for over 14 years; it can’t really be replaced because they don’t make them like this anymore. They offered $20 to replace it. Yeah, as I sit here with a radio with scotch tape on the antenna trying to listen to music over the static.


Then folks are calling on my phone, emailing requests and I haven’t had a chance to drink my coffee. Ugh! Welcome, back to the real world!


So why is my best friend calling me at 9 am like I ain’t at work. Damn it! She needs to get a job; folks cannot be on their jobs talking to her for 2 hours about nothing. I didn’t answer because I was busy.


I am calmer now though and I am so thankful I could take a few days for myself and I enjoyed every minute of it and I will continue not take my life for granted.
                                This was done Saturday morning and I took a picture, because it was so apropos.


Hope your Monday started off relaxed and your week is wonderful!


                                    April's Hair picture.  Soft Spike curls.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.