Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Happy Belated 4th of July!

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July and enjoyed the holiday. I don’t know about where you live, but the weather was nice and hot and with the right number of afternoon showers so the ground wouldn’t be to dry for fireworks.


I enjoyed the weekend doing absolutely nothing and whatever I wanted to do. I didn’t do any creative cooking unless you count the grilled turkey dogs, turkey hamburgers and corn. Yep, low key all the way. So let me give you the rundown.

Friday I spent time working and later working on the family vacation itinerary. My cousin called me to see what was on the agenda since I am now the official “Activity Coordinator”. In my head, I am thinking all I want to do is shop, get my facial and massage and drink wine I ‘ont care what everyone else is doing. Alas, I am still working on the itinerary and hopefully, I’ll be finished this week.

Went to the second job and tried to not get too frustrated, but by the end of the night I was ready to cuss and was fuming, because the kids were making stupid mistakes affecting the customers and then we didn’t have a favorite item and folks were downright ornery about it, even though it was a supplier issue. I was so happy when I was on my way home.

Saturday was up at 5 am to work out and send the guy a have fun text because he and his kids were going on vacation to Virginia Beach and DC. I ran a few errands in preparation for my vacation and made it home by 11 am. I did some things around the house and then I napped before work again. Luckily, Saturday night wasn’t a repeat of Friday night. Easy breezy! Just like I like it.

Sunday was up at 7 to catch Joel Osteen and then outside to grill my few little items. Was done by 10 and I immediately took a bath and since I already planned to wash my hair I got on that. Speaking of hair, I am completely out of SL shampoo and desperately need some reconstructor. I have been waiting patiently on the website to really be up and running, but it is still in the designing stage but you can order products. Let me tell you, it took me 3 days to order the reconstructor. I got issues and I know it but seriously SL products are already expensive, but that doesn’t compare to the shipping and handling charge. They need to do better. My reconstructor costs $10.95, but the shipping was $11.50 and no that isn’t a typo. Seriously, they need to do better and although I needed shampoo, I went to the LIU group and saw where using the Clarifying shampoo was okay with the SL office and frankly spending $10 or more for shampoo is doing the most. If I didn’t need the reconstructor, I probably wouldn’t have purchased it. I love the Green Tea shampoo, but I don’t love the price. Anyway, I washed and used the last of my moisture treatment, don’t ask me when I am going to purchase more, and let my hair air dry. I think my hair was officially dry by midnight. Ugh! Longer hair doesn’t mean easier. Since we were damn near dead on Sunday night at work, I decided to start retightening my hair in the back. Did that for an hour and a half and went home and work two more hours and the back was finished, which is a record for me it takes me 5 hours to do the back of my hair, but I had been doing some spot retightening all week so there weren’t a lot of rotations to do.

Monday got up and started on the front of my hair at 9:30 and took a breakfast break at 10 and finished my hair at about 1:30 pm. All the while watching a Law and Order Marathon. I was so happy! Then I proceeded to roll my hair on flexi rods, no pictures this morning because I was in a hurry and the curls don’t look like they will last longer than today. And Monday consisted of getting ready for the week and resting. And I enjoyed it immensely.

Even though the little heathens of the neighborhood were shooting illegal fireworks, the 4th of July went by with just enough sizzle for me to be happy. So I hope you enjoy your week. I plan to.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.