Friday, August 19, 2011

If Youth Are Our Future, Things Are Going to Be Bad

I should have posted before now, but I just haven't felt like it lately, but I am sitting here on my second job fuming.  When I say fuming that is an understatement.  I really think these kids think adults don't already know the tricks, because they are constantly trying me.

I recently hired a new cashier, young girl never had a job, but the bubbliest personality.  Loves the friendliness she displayed through her interview and orientation.  So why Lawd, do I want to punch her in her throat?

On Sunday, the assistant manager on duty stated she got angry because she wasn't allowed to run the registers.  Sunday is our busiest day and the customers coming from church don't necessarily act like they just left the House of Worship and I knew they would not have the patience of Job to deal with her still in training.  So she was regulated to taking out orders and busing tables.  Not fun, but everyone has to do it.  She got mad and stumped away.  Seriously?  Really?  And later told one of the cashiers she wasn't busing anymore tables and proceeded to go in the back and sit down and text on her phone.  Really?  Oh hell no!

So I knew I needed to have a come to Jesus discussion with her.  And I did.  I explained what was expected and what she needed to work on.  I also told her to cut her nails because the constant tapping on our touch screens was unnecessary and hell that shyte gets on my nerves.  She said she understood. Yeah, right.

Today when I get here, they tell me she is going to be late because of a medical emergency with a family member.  No problem, but she was supposed to be her by 5:30 not 6.  Then she hops on the register and proceeds to tap again.  So you know I am ready to pull my hair out, but being the professional I don't say anything in front of the customers or her co-workers.  But when I did I let her know that was not going to work.  She was a bit shook after that because of course I am watching her. 

Cell phones are forbidden in the building and if you must bring one it is to be turned off.  All new hires are informed of the cell phone rules.  I take them and play on them and even text and call folks on their phones.  You will learn.  Anyway, the other day the owner got on a cashier about her cell phone and she was scared to death.  Why or why did the new girl get caught by me texting on her cell phone?  The damn phone is so raggedly it is pitiful.  I can' t deal with the cracks all over the face.  I let her know in certain terms cell phones are not to be seen AT ALL!  Yeah she is scared, but for how long?

These kids just don't get it and they are so spoiled and selfish it is just unbelievable.  Normally, when you are the new kid on the block you try to fly right, but these kids just don't care.  Well guess what?  I do and I ain't having it.  If the work ethic is shaky on their first job it is going to be hell if they work any other jobs in the future. 

Next time I will be back with a real post and not a vent.  No really.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Cashana, this was so funny and true! These kids today are spoiled, think that they are entitled, and lazy. Stay on her behind...teach her to follow the rules!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Cashana said...

I hope I can get her to understand the rules, but I think it is going to be a losing battle. I haven't given up yet. LOL!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Clarinda said...

I can feel you on this one. I have 4 teenagers left in my home and I swear I teach them better than what they do. I stay in prayer over their behavior. Hopefully it will kick in before they leave home.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Cashana said...

I keep believing once they leave home and get out into the real world all the lessons they learned at home will kick in. At least that is my hope!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.