Thursday, September 06, 2012

Creative Cooking...Fried Plantains


Fried Plantains (See the sea salt and cinnamon sugar)

As I mentioned in the previous Creative Cooking segment, I also purchased two plantains to eat with my dinner. As I scoured the Internet for recipes, I found all them pretty much were simple and they were simple to cook. So why was I so intimidated by these things?


Ingredients:

2 plantains

½ cup of vegetable oil

Cinnamon sugar

Sea salt


Diagonal and equal thickness

Frying, but not too many at one time.


Turned over after a few minutes

You can cut your plantains in several different ways, but I cut mine on a diagonal with an equal thickness, which is how I am used to eating them from my local Jamaican restaurant. Heating up my oil for frying, I placed my cut slices in the hot oil, not over filling because you don’t want the oil’s temperature to drop. I turned them over after about 2 or 3 minutes and finished for another few minutes. Depending on the desired color will determine how long you cook them up. After draining them on paper towel, I seasoned with a little sea salt and cinnamon sugar. Yummy! This was quick, simple and easy. And I didn’t make my house hot either.

Voila!~Yummy goodness

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclosure: Just so we are all clear any opinions or thoughts made on this blog or site are my own. Comments and statements from third parties may or may not be the opinion of Cashana Musings. I do not get paid to write book reviews or reviews of products or services. All reviews are based solely off my opinion as Cashana of Cashana's Musings. While I may receive review copies of books and even products or services they in no way influence my writing. All items that were received by me for review are disclosed as such. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Currently, we do not do advertisements.